No announcement yet.

And then there was Bella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job! Tell me more about the radio? I love my pioneer but I may eventually want to go to something more OEM looking.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
      Nice job! Tell me more about the radio? I love my pioneer but I may eventually want to go to something more OEM looking.
      The blaupunkts are hard to find and it turns out... not repairable :-?
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Guys, I did it again, I sold my e30! The 1.5+ hour commute to work was wearing on me, mainly because I was banging my head on the headliner on several of the bigger dips on on the highway (6'6" woo) - lol

I am super happy that it went to a friend in common of 2man, Farhad. He's already been working hard to make her even prettier.

Here are some pictures:

And my new daily driver :)

Happy New Year!
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Yep, it went to a good home. He is super happy with it. After dropping you off, we went up to La Honda to see a friend of mine, then took highway 95 north to 92, then back to the east bay.

One question, does the OBC mileage read incorrectly high due to the fact that its got the wrong (bigger) injectors in it? I was shocked to find it reading 36mpg when I pushed the button.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            Yep, it went to a good home. He is super happy with it. After dropping you off, we went up to La Honda to see a friend of mine, then took highway 95 north to 92, then back to the east bay.

One question, does the OBC mileage read incorrectly high due to the fact that its got the wrong (bigger) injectors in it? I was shocked to find it reading 36mpg when I pushed the button.

Will
            Yep! This would fix it

Great meeting you too Will!
            Build Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
              Yep! This would fix it

Great meeting you too Will!
              That looks like a PITA to install, as in the whole bloody dash has to come apart to find the correct wire.

It was nice meeting you as well.

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                That looks like a PITA to install, as in the whole bloody dash has to come apart to find the correct wire.

It was nice meeting you as well.

Will
                no no, just the HVAC panel. 8 screws
                Build Threads:

Comment

what happened to the Rotas ?

I wonder what happened to you Rota wheels ? I may be interested in them if you still have them.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jwetering View Post
                    I wonder what happened to you Rota wheels ? I may be interested in them if you still have them.

Thanks
                    Sold them
                    Build Threads:

Comment

Reviving this thread: Gents my birthday is coming up and i'm strongly considering dumping some money into Bella to make her an Mtech 2 car (among other performance parts i've been collecting); I've been warned from an E30 FB group to stay away from the reproduction stuff and in general was advised to keep the car as is to protect it's resale value; Thoughts? I'm still a newbie to e30's, how would i go about locating an original set of MT2 body parts, anyone know of someone with some? Candid thoughts appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by EastBayRoadster View Post
                        Reviving this thread: Gents my birthday is coming up and i'm strongly considering dumping some money into Bella to make her an Mtech 2 car (among other performance parts i've been collecting); I've been warned from an E30 FB group to stay away from the reproduction stuff and in general was advised to keep the car as is to protect it's resale value; Thoughts? I'm still a newbie to e30's, how would i go about locating an original set of MT2 body parts, anyone know of someone with some? Candid thoughts appreciated
                        First of all, it's your car. Do what you want to with it. For me, my funds would be spent more on performance than appearance, but that's me.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Thats a tough one. I bought OE Mtech II kit for my car and they are VERY expensive brand new (if you can even get one) I have a brand new in the box set. You can find them used and if they are in good shape they are not cheap either, also many times they are missing the actual mounting parts.

This guy is selling one for a 4 door for like $3200

I can probably do better than that but its hard getting all the parts.

That being said if your car is all original or close to it I might leave it. Mine was a mess when I bought it and basically a tear down so doing the Mtech was something I wanted to do because I wasnt thinking resale.

That being said, I agree with TeJx, its your car do what you want and what you enjoy. Unless I am flipping a car specifically I never think about resale, I think about the enjoyment I will get.

Is the cost going to bring you that enjoyment, thats the question:)
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Don't worry about resale value, there's no shortage of e30s out there. They made just as many as Ford made fox body mustangs. It's your car build it your way.
                            1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Thanks Gents for the info, while i try to locate an OEM MT2 kit for purchase, can anyone offer advice on how to pep up this stock M20B25 and still pass smog... is that really even possible (probably not) ?...I'm thinking maybe just build a separate M20 stroker motor and when smog comes every two years just swap back in the stock motor on a weekend? Can i build a nice stroker m20 with a $10K budget? What does it entail beyond the bimmer heads stroker bottom end kit, supersport 885 cylinder head, headers, squid chip? Is there a build thread someone can point me to to educate myself and build a proper budget out?

Comment

Originally posted by EastBayRoadster View Post
                                Thanks Gents for the info, while i try to locate an OEM MT2 kit for purchase, can anyone offer advice on how to pep up this stock M20B25 and still pass smog... is that really even possible (probably not) ?...I'm thinking maybe just build a separate M20 stroker motor and when smog comes every two years just swap back in the stock motor on a weekend? Can i build a nice stroker m20 with a $10K budget? What does it entail beyond the bimmer heads stroker bottom end kit, supersport 885 cylinder head, headers, squid chip? Is there a build thread someone can point me to to educate myself and build a proper budget out?
                                theres plenty of info on here about strokers and smog. There's a guy on here with a 3.1 that passed smog I think. It should be fine. 2.8 is the most bang for buck and will definitely pass especially if the motor is fresh. This should be enough to go off of
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X