Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Congrats! Thats amaxing!

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Keep your eyeballs out in July ;)

kind of neat in a total flog way.... Two E30's two mag features. What a knob :)

Also went up the snow in the E30, with my old man in his M3R. Two ideal snow cars...
    Wasn't really planning to. Was up in the high country and there was a bit of a cold snap.

Softer springs and new camber plates are way, way better.

Leave a comment:

• AmosCake
    replied
    Originally posted by burkey001 View Post

I gave them a detailed spec of size and clearances after I did the measurements

looked like this
    Awesome! Thank you so much. Im trying to get perfect fitment so i dont run spacers

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Originally posted by bangn View Post
    beautiful, you've done an awesome job of this. Love the styling of the interior, it bet it smells glorious
    Thanks dude, it's a comfy place to be

Originally posted by MarkoEST View Post
    I just read the whole 29 pages thread of yours. Actually, i just checked the pictures because they were tempting. Just WOW reaction . Keep on going! I hope i will reach to that point in some day. :D
    Thanks bud, you can get there, just keep prioritising E30 ;)

Update on springs and urethane top hats. GOOD.
    Actually dropped further than planned. 5KG front, 6KG rear. Softened up rebound & bump. Added 15mm of ground clearance. Much more gentle and a bit quieter too.

This kind of got triggered by new car quietness, picked up a '23 Volvo XC60 T8 phev (great car) and it is QUIET. Made those spherical joints seem a little over the top on the street :)

Last edited by burkey001; 05-20-2023, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Originally posted by AmosCake View Post

Thank you! Did NTM know the backpad width to clear the front calipers or did you have to give them that number?
    I gave them a detailed spec of size and clearances after I did the measurements

looked like this
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MarkoEST
    replied
    I just read the whole 29 pages thread of yours. Actually, i just checked the pictures because they were tempting. Just WOW reaction . Keep on going! I hope i will reach to that point in some day. :D

Leave a comment:

• bangn
    replied
    beautiful, you've done an awesome job of this. Love the styling of the interior, it bet it smells glorious

Leave a comment:

• AmosCake
    replied

Heya, yes you are correct.
    It IS over braked on the rear, when the pads are hot - like 25 minute track session hot - the rears lock before the fronts. which is obviously not ideal.

The other thing that is not ideal is the amount of rattle from the brake pads. They're big, heavy 25mm thick pads and they rattle around on coarse chip roads. granted you just have to open the window and the noise is drowned out....

and to the wheel guy question 17x7.5 ET20 is your answer :)

=========General update =======
    1) I believe it will be in the July issue of Total BMW which is kinda cool.
    2) Changes made since completion
    - Change to front camber plates from Vorshlag to Ground Control Sport. Vorshlag is a better product IMO, but I am chasing a bit of NVH reduction and the solid pillow ball mounts had to go.
    - Add Garagistic strut brace and underbody brace. Passable quality. I can pick holes inthe under body brace all day long. Why didnt they weld it? Why are all stresses converged on 2 single folds of 3mm metal? WHY does it come with grade 5 imperial hardware?. Still, combined with the bar tightens the front end up a bit
    - Dropped spring rate. Dropping from 6KG/MM front to 5KG/MM. Rear from 10KG/MM to 8KG/MM. Getting old.

and, honestly, thinking about going back to stock brakes. I spent all that effort getting calipers rebuilt and coated in Dorken MKS like new OEM... Pedal feel is awesome on big brakes but with the 35hp that an M42 makes is a little overkill :)
    Thank you! Did NTM know the backpad width to clear the front calipers or did you have to give them that number?

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post

Quick question, I think you said this was with a 25mm E32 master cyl, right? stock booster and rear prop valve as well?
    Heya, yes you are correct.
    It IS over braked on the rear, when the pads are hot - like 25 minute track session hot - the rears lock before the fronts. which is obviously not ideal.

The other thing that is not ideal is the amount of rattle from the brake pads. They're big, heavy 25mm thick pads and they rattle around on coarse chip roads. granted you just have to open the window and the noise is drowned out....

and to the wheel guy question 17x7.5 ET20 is your answer :)

=========General update =======
    1) I believe it will be in the July issue of Total BMW which is kinda cool.
    2) Changes made since completion
    - Change to front camber plates from Vorshlag to Ground Control Sport. Vorshlag is a better product IMO, but I am chasing a bit of NVH reduction and the solid pillow ball mounts had to go.
    - Add Garagistic strut brace and underbody brace. Passable quality. I can pick holes inthe under body brace all day long. Why didnt they weld it? Why are all stresses converged on 2 single folds of 3mm metal? WHY does it come with grade 5 imperial hardware?. Still, combined with the bar tightens the front end up a bit
    - Dropped spring rate. Dropping from 6KG/MM front to 5KG/MM. Rear from 10KG/MM to 8KG/MM. Getting old.

and, honestly, thinking about going back to stock brakes. I spent all that effort getting calipers rebuilt and coated in Dorken MKS like new OEM... Pedal feel is awesome on big brakes but with the 35hp that an M42 makes is a little overkill :)

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied

hey thanks, its been nice to get around in it. 5100km now.

the brakes on this one are from Massive Brakes. They are the 300x32mm rotor kit with Wilwood SL6R and SL4R calipers. I am running BP20 compound pads. I
    Quick question, I think you said this was with a 25mm E32 master cyl, right? stock booster and rear prop valve as well?

Leave a comment:

• AmosCake
    replied
    Some progress at last. 4 of the 5 wheels I ordered arrived and I had some Pilot Sport 4 fitted in 215/40/17.
    NTM forgot to make the 5th, but they assure me it’s underway soon.

They’re a square setup but I have 3 fronts and 2 rears. The rears have more lip to make them look wider.

Quality of the NTM seems pretty good, I have no complaints. They look on-par with the BBS LM or Forgeline wheels I have.

The fit is conservative, but that’s to be expected because this is intended to be a no-fuss driver. Could have gone another +10mm on offset, but I don’t want the guard grabbing potential pain that comes with that.

Have dropped the car off to Auto Attention and Maxwell Wang for a week and a bit of final love. AA are doing a final paint correction and flatten over _everything_ Then Maxwell is wrapping the whole car up to the A pillars and then the rest up the rubbing strip along the side. Then AA will ceramic coat the whole lot.

Picked these two vendors because they both appear to be absolutely on top of their game.

Really looking forward to installing the black strips in the bumpers.

Test look

These pics are before the final paint correction. SO the paint looks good here, but it’s not finished. Every remaining surface, curve and edge will be flattened. It should glow when done 😊

I might drop it a little bit more, but I think the height is pretty every day usable, so it wont be much more.

So close, I actually smiled when I looked at it. I am really happy with these wheels. For me, it’s a great look.
    What are your wheel specs if you dont mind me asking? Looking to get the same wheels but in 16s

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    thanks team, good to be out using it :)

Leave a comment:

• !RocknE30!
    replied
    Well I can confidently say I likely wont see a cleaner E30 in my lifetime. That is a work of art! I had a background image of a similar orange colored E30 rally car drifting at full lock in the snow (I believe) wayyyy long ago and I've loved that color on E30s ever since. Amazing work.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I love all of your choices honestly. Color, wheels, just superb.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X