Cosmoblau basic stroker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
    Following this closely. I have an 88 SETA and I keep second guessing myself on whether or not I should go 2.8/9 or just slap the 885 head with a 272 cam on the bottom and be done with it. Not looking to piss the fiance off and just need a little extra oomph something to keep up with my buddies 325i in the mountains.
    ATL_E30 the e30zone.net link I posted above provides SETA conversion instructions - you're lucky! just need the double valve springs and cam along with the rest of I bits.

This is probably the easiest route to go as few parts are needed. The parts listed here are the ONLY parts needed.

325i cam 325i fuel injectors, rail, and pressure regulator 325i valve springs 325i intake manifold 325i throttle body with throttle position sensor 325i idle control valve 325i air flow meter 325i intake boot 325i ECU

The "super eta" already has the proper head with all 7 oil journals, it just needs the stiff valve springs to prevent horrible valve float and/or valvetrain damage, and the cam. It also already has the i wiring harness and most of the same electrical components, as well as the dual exhaust. You will also need the various gaskets and head bolts associated with a normal rebuild. The "super eta" has a 6k tachometer, which will read fine until it nears 6k which it will just stop until the revs return to under 6k.
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

IE pistons, 272 billet cam and stroker kit arrived. Out of town til Labor Day weekend though grrr.

also looking into a ported head for this car. Need to pull the donor motor first

will be a busy long weekend

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Parts car M20 IX motor and tranny have been pulled. Note to self
        - scissor lifts make it difficult to pull engine and tranny together.
        - pulling the motor and subframe from below is great, but disconnect the steering column u-joints and the clutch slave cylinder before trying to move the motor.

Head still looks new after rebuild - gonna be trading it for a ported and polished head.

Since I only have one lift I will need to finish dismantling the parts car before putting Cosmo under the knife. In the meantime I'll dismantle the motor and get all the bits going into the stroker cleaned up.

will add pics in a bit.

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

ForcedFirebird 885 head arrived
          thx 2mAn !

picked up a. E30vert for my mom too - just dropped it off today at my mom’s, with timing belt service help from
          ForcedFirebird

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

trying to get this running over the weekend.. was tempted to just do a top end swap, despite the really low compression ratio. the more I think about it the more it's not worth the effort.

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

so I didn't get it running yet, but did spent Memorial Day weekend studying stroker builds. Thank goodness for http://e30techarchive.com.
              whodwho popped up and confirmed he was still doing the ms2/motronic case thing, so hopefully that will be headed over this month. also went back to IE and picked up their h-beam rods, gasket sets and misc hardware.

while I was at I received this pic..

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Finally got the garage HVAC done with insulation, attic flooring and a 24k BTU split system. Callie the vert is up first then this car - Edgar

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                X