Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adequate 1952 Willys Aero-Lark (24h of lemons build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subbed
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

thanks folks!

this will be going a little slow for the next few months. while making some backing plates for the sway bar mounts my teammate managed to stop a 2hp stand sander with his thumb. so.. that will be growing back for a bit.
      cars beep boop

Comment

This is cool!

The e34 is actually a good platform to build off of. There's a 540 locally that does extremely well in the Champ series which we run with frequently. At Daytona there were 2 e34's in the garage next to us (535 and 540) and they were on the pointy end of the field all day with one finishing in 3rd IIRC.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

yeah, there have been a couple in west coast lemons that have done very well. their main issues are thrust arm bushings and weight.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            yeah, there have been a couple in west coast lemons that have done very well. their main issues are thrust arm bushings and weight.

540 was leading an entire race, about 12hr in they lost the PS pump and had to pull out since the boxes don't like to run dry. Is your donor manual or power steering? Something to ponder.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Can't wait to see what grows here Kronus

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              540 was leading an entire race, about 12hr in they lost the PS pump and had to pull out since the boxes don't like to run dry. Is your donor manual or power steering? Something to ponder.
              Steering box are certainly a week point in the e34's. Since your doing all this modification, it may be worth to try and adapt a steering rack design.

For thrust arms, Use Moosehead engineering spherical bearings... Just ordered some after hearing everyones positive reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
                Can't wait to see what grows here Kronus

Steering box are certainly a week point in the e34's. Since your doing all this modification, it may be worth to try and adapt a steering rack design.

For thrust arms, Use Moosehead engineering spherical bearings... Just ordered some after hearing everyones positive reviews.

Moosehead (aka Paul) is good peeps! +1 on the recommendation, but not sure how the upgrades fits into the Lemons rules - they have stayed more of a Grasroots/goofy type of racing with weird penalties etc - whereas Champ (*cough* Chump) has switched over to a builder series that allows go-fast goodies that are done on a budget. Over the last ~3yr our car has gotten ~8sec faster under the evolving rules. Used to have to run touring/cheap shock and cut springs etc, but now allow a lot more modifications/upgrades as long as it's "OE" fitment/shape/style.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

good point on the moosehead sphericals. we have access to a lathe - maybe will take a look on ebay for cheap spherical bearing stock and machine some adapters.

also fair points on the steering box. we're going to stick with it (and the PS pump) for now just to get the car running and driving, but I'm not excited about going from a rack to a box in the first place.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Sub'd

This looks awesome.
                    I do things.

Comment

How did I miss this ?

Keep it up kronus, this is genius.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I like where this is going...
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Love the project, any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by rijlaab View Post
                            Love the project, any updates on this?
                            can confirm it's still a thing
                            Build Threads:
                            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post

can confirm it's still a thing
                              About the same type of updates we get from all of Dmitry's projects..
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ah man this is cool, I hope there's an update soon

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                                --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X