No announcement yet.

325i touring malachite grun metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAh the good old "while I'm in there" mentality:)

Great updates on your Tourning! Loving that color, my friend also has a malachite 325i touring!
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

You're leaving us hanging pretty hard after that first photo...

Hell yes to the KW's. Have you/did you play with the damping adjustments?
      -----I drink and I know car things-----
      1989 325i Touring - Daily W.I.P.
      ->https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=398457

Comment

touring looks sweet. been wanting a wagon lately.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          Dig that color.

Your pics are a bit big. Most of them don't fit on my screen.
          resized everything for you ;)

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
          AAh the good old "while I'm in there" mentality:)

Great updates on your Tourning! Loving that color, my friend also has a malachite 325i touring!
          ohhhh that "while I'm in there" gets a lot worse down. Let me just find that free time to write another post haha

I actually thought the car was diamond swartz metallic before i saw it in person so i would say i was pretty happy that it's this green instead of the gunmetal color (nothing wrong with it just that i had an 318is with that color and wouldn't want the wagon to be the same)

Originally posted by -J- View Post

sooon. It's my busy season at work right now but I'll write another post as soon as I can. Regardless of the accident i'm hoping to fix it and keep driving it. I doubt i would want to move on since I love this car so much.

Originally posted by efficient View Post
          touring looks sweet. been wanting a wagon lately.
          thanks! I moved a lot of stuff with this car when i had it. Still surprised that my brother's x1 isn't that much bigger when it comes to trunk space compared to the e30 touring.

Comment

Originally posted by rikaro View Post
            resized everything for you ;)
            Haha, much better, thank you :)

Comment

What turns out to be just coilovers and sway bar install lead to this. The "might as well" mentality is absolutely dangerous mindset to have especially when it comes to old cars haha.

uhh why is the subframe out?

i snapped the bolt holding the sway bar bracket and subframe in place :faceplam:

Hopefully this will cheer me up!

Bought this set of Recaros from a 80yo gentleman who had it in his 80s 911 sc back in the day. The car was sold about 10 years ago so the seats were just sitting in storage till the day i bought it. They're in great shape!

So back to the subframe. I ended up reinforcing it and had it powdercoated as well.

Back from the shop!

New hardware, new bushings for the lollipop. Instead of going for with oem e30 bushing or m3 offset bushings, I've decided to go for e36 standard replacement bushings. I could've gone full m3 parts including m3 aluminum control arms etc. but the whole idea for me is to have a relatively stock handling and it feeling like a stock non-m e30. If I went that far i would've just started with a m3 instead.

Ahhhh finally get to do a shot like this!

Comment

sorry i realized i didn't fully answer your question last time.

I haven't had time to change any of the rebound or compression settings but i would say the rears could be a little softer from factory settings. My experience with kw v3s is that every little click would make a noticeable change.

I didn't get time to play with it before I get into the accident but i'll certainly do when i get the car repaired and running again.

Ideally I'll start with the compression adjustments on full soft and go from there.

Comment

Great touring!

Was this the same one for sale on Craigslist two years ago? If so I connected with the previous owner and had a great discussion about the car. He told me he was flooded with requests to see/buy the car but he had likely secure a sale. Hopefully that was you.

Thankfully you purchased it as at the time as if I had the chance I would have had 3 - E30 tourings all at once....

I live on Vancouver Island. If you come this way you should pop in for a beer/meet up. I have a few E30's around the house still including my touring that's getting a pretty full on build accomplished on it. It would be nice to see your lovely touring in person!

Comment

:popcorn:

keep em coming
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by rikaro View Post
                      My experience with kw v3s is that every little click would make a noticeable change.
                      I can confirm this. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to feel every click of adjustment.

Ideally I'll start with the compression adjustments on full soft and go from there.
                      It definitely needs to be softer than the default settings, especially in compression. I'm at 11 clicks from full stiff in compression and about 6-7 clicks from full stiff in rebound. I'm happy to share my setup numbers if/when you need them.
                      -----I drink and I know car things-----
                      1989 325i Touring - Daily W.I.P.
                      ->https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=398457

Comment

Originally posted by E30-TourZing View Post
                        Great touring!

Was this the same one for sale on Craigslist two years ago? If so I connected with the previous owner and had a great discussion about the car. He told me he was flooded with requests to see/buy the car but he had likely secure a sale. Hopefully that was you.

Thankfully you purchased it as at the time as if I had the chance I would have had 3 - E30 tourings all at once....

I live on Vancouver Island. If you come this way you should pop in for a beer/meet up. I have a few E30's around the house still including my touring that's getting a pretty full on build accomplished on it. It would be nice to see your lovely touring in person!
                        Hey there yes it was! I actually didn't drive it much the first year i purchased it. I just recently got it road worthy and now this happened :(

The seller told me he was flooded with over 20 emails. In fact I wrote him a long message to convince him to sell it to me. I also said I had the cash ready so that probably sealed the deal. Went there and bought the car without looking at it much.

As for Vancouver Island, I do sometimes go there for work so I'll definitely let you know when I head out there!

Comment

I can confirm this. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to feel every click of adjustment.

It definitely needs to be softer than the default settings, especially in compression. I'm at 11 clicks from full stiff in compression and about 6-7 clicks from full stiff in rebound. I'm happy to share my setup numbers if/when you need them.
                          ahh that's great. I will bug you when the car is on the road again!

Comment

guys i started my instagram account on the e30 touring hoping to reach out to more guys out there. Hopefully this way i can get to meet more people alike!

Comment

Does anyone who lives in the PNW area has some body parts for sale?

Looking for these items in OE:
                              plastic bumper with valance in good shape
                              drivers and passenger fender
                              hood (optional but throw me a deal if you have everything ;))

Comment

Working...
                              X