Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 project. Engine Conversion etc

Hi Guys...

Been floating around for a while, but haven't been doing much with my E30 project over the last 12ish months due to work comitments and the fact the car is at the panel shop.

A few little details abot my car :-

Purpose :- strip/street
    Engine :- 2JZGTE
    ECU :- Autronic SM2 + R500 CDI
    Turbo :- T66 XTR BB
    Injectors :- 850cc/min Sard
    Intercooler :- Garrett BnP 600x300x105
    Radiator :- PWR twin core 450x400
    Exhaust :- 3.5inch through to twin 2.5inch
    Gearbox :- Transbraked C4
    Front End :- Bilstiens, nolothane bushes, Adj strut tops
    Rear End :- E23 cut down, M5 LSD, E28 brakes, custom GAZ coil over conversion
    Body :- 318i '85 model, widened guards, M-tech II front/rear bar, Zender sides, full 6-point cage, race seats etc etc

It appears my images are too big... so will have to resize and update at a later date :)
    My Garage :- www.cardomain.com/id/bmwturbo

looking forward to the pics!
    San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

dang...
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Sweet, ive just dummy fitted my 1uz tonight hehe just fits. making up engine mounts as we speak
        sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
        Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
        NEW One on the track :)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
        Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

I thought about the 1uzfe also, but decided there wasn't enough room for a couple of decent snails on it :)

More info on my cardomain site... www.cardomain.com/id/bmwturbo
          Attached Files

Comment

Very cool project you have coming along, subscribed.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

very interesting combination of different "body kits"
              gonna look really nice I think.

Comment

First time i've seen pics of the e30! Looks nice. The e32 is a fairly whacky idea, just thank god you dont have a black one like i do.

Need more info on that e28 rear end, did you use it as opposed to a compact rear end? or are you using the compact rear end with some bits of the e28 on it? (pm me your mobile/name if you cbf typing heaps)

eurocca represent ;)

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Looks cool. Do you have e36 control arms on there?
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by BMW2JZ View Post
                    I thought about the 1uzfe also, but decided there wasn't enough room for a couple of decent snails on it :)

More info on my cardomain site... www.cardomain.com/id/bmwturbo
                    Thats going to be one sweet and very quick car! LOL not alot of room under the bonnet with just the v8 in there! but it weights less
                    sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                    Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                    NEW One on the track :)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                    Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

I had a compact rear end in the car, but after looking at the brakes, driveshafts and drive hubs I wasn't happy with it.

It came off and I was going to use an E28 with some offset subframe bushes, but I ended up with a E23 ( i think ) subframe and I cut and shut it to suit, and fitted new subframe bush sleeves for the poly mounts to go in to.

A bonus was larger brakes and stronger hubs and driveshafts. The trailing arms also are at 12 degrees and have a stiffening brace built in.

One slight difference of this was the shock mount's are on the top of the TRailnig arm and I had to frabricate and raise the strut towers in order to fit a coil over in place with what I deemed enough travel for street use. I ended up using a 16inch GAZ coil over.

A sideline of modifying the crossmember meant I needed to move the rear diff mount also, but this was on my list as the std E30 rear mount is flimsy sheet metal. I'm happy with my twin 3mmplate mod tied in to the rear of the cage :)

I'm also contemplating picking up the subframe mounts inside the cabin at the side of the rear seat base also, but will see if this is needed.

Comment

Ahhh ok then, thanks. Pleeeease tell me you still have the compact rear end, i'm after one!

Comment

Sorry, since long gone... Was a good one too I fitted adjustable TAB and had detailled it too...

Ring around, shouldn't be too hard to source. Note you will need different offset wheels though.. I think 5-stud ET38's fitted. I'm not sure about the front with my STD E30 front end I have an extra 8mm each side of track and the ET38's sit slightly inside of where I'd like them. You might need different offset's front to rear.
                          Last edited by BMW2JZ; 01-30-2007, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Ah well, might just stay with 4stud then, i'll wait for something to break under the gobs of torque then modify it ;)

Is no compact parts in WA by the looks of it :/

thanks anyway :)

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                              very interesting combination of different "body kits"
                              gonna look really nice I think.
                              +1

Looks very cool.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Working...
                              X