No announcement yet.

My Update! (cable/dsl only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh one thing. I am still running speed density for ignition control, especially since I spent the time on a dyno to tune the ignition map and it used speed density. The speed density ignition load makes it a little bit easier to map out, or at least from my perspective at the moment.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Well, apparently MS2/extra v. 2.0.1 doesn't like me, at all. It was spitting and sputtering like mad around 2100 RPM and anything over like 25% throttle would cause it to get worse, but if I backed off to about 10% throttle it would pick up. It was weird. So I went back to Beta 19. Now that it is actually drivable, I am going to attempt to get the Alpha/N working since now I have a good known starting point, I can hopefully get it going. I think I was trying to do too many things at once and got ahead of myself.
      Well, time to get back to it.
      My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Wow, thats pretty cool dude. Minus your trouble. haha. So why do alpha N for fuel and speed density for ignition. Isnt the whole point of alpha N is to use it when you cant get a good vac source or dont have a MAF sensor? Or is this just to get your foot in the door with alpha?
        -Chris

Comment

It's just to get my bearings with the Alpha/N. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it running. I called it a day and reloaded my SD settings/fuel map so I could drive to the meet tonight. I've got it idling right around 14.2-14.5 AFR. The fun part is going to be figuring out where to start increasing the fueling and by how much. It's just a pain because I am having to do it all from scratch, which is a first for me.
          Oh, and I have decided I am going to use the same process that the guy over on E30Tech is using for his intake plenum/charge pipes if I make a plenum. If it comes down to me making a plenum then I am going to aim to have a volume of about 6-8 liters of volume. The runners, before the throttle bodies, should be about 5-8 cm long, mainly due to sizing constraints (depending on how much runner there is between the port and the throttle).
          My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Now i gotcha with the MS stuff.

Sounds like youve been doing some research on the intake side of things :)

Good luck and i cant wait to see how it comes out!!!!!
            -Chris

Comment

Well, I downloaded the Maxx Alpha/N software to take a look at the base maps that are included with it. I was very surprised to see a base map for an E36 M50. So, I looked at it and pretty much copied it over just to get a base map starting point. I'm going to try it here in a few minutes when I get a chance to see how it came out.
              My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Well, I've given up hope for it right now. I can get the car to idle around 13-14.1 but when I open the throttle even 1-2% I get really weird misses, sort of feels like my 2-step kicking in, but it's not. If I open it up 0.5% then it drops down to about 12:1. So at that point I am pulling out fuel trying to get it back up to around 14. No matter how much I pull it out, it NEVER wants to drop any. I tried decreasing the required fuel from 8.5 to 7.0, had to increase the fueling around idle but everything else I left alone. It still was doing the same thing. I think it is just getting way to rich, way too fast. I will fiddle with it some more next weekend or something.
                My 2.9L Build!

Comment

any updates?

Comment

I'm putting it up for a few days to keep it from getting wet. That's about it. I'll be ordering a few things this weekend to get my nitrous system finally plumbed, although I am a little nervous about putting the spray to it. Other than that, I've been driving it to and from work.
                    My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Pffffft high comp motors love the juice right!?
                      -Chris

Comment

Are you running a fan with the s54 radiator? Based on pictures in this thread, you would have to be running a pusher? Is there no room for a puller?

Comment

Does som1 here know him? Im trying to buy somthing from him onn another thread... no response :( piercere30

Comment

Working...
                          X