No announcement yet.

My Update! (cable/dsl only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine did the same thing. hit the flywheel and spun.. before it would at least engage, but it was way too close to the flywheel and made a nasty noise every time i started it.
    Old and improved:

Comment

Nice. Well, I grabbed some jumper cables and tested the starter on battery I had laying around, bitch doesn't spin very fast. So I'm going to warranty it through work and have another one here on Tuesday. One of the guys I work with even tested it, who happened to be up there working on tearing down his E30 (pulling out the motor and yanking the MZCoupe suspension to transfer it to a new shell) and he said it wasn't any good. I'm going to see what I can do about the alignment issue while waiting on the new starter. Thanks for the heads up on that EtaSport.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

OoooOO, yer getting close man. i just shoehorned my s50 in last nite, been working on it everyday since monday, worked till 3am this morning, and took a day off 2day from the car, needed some air. i will be starting mine this week as well!!
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

HAHAHA
          Now it's down to who can turn the key the fastest. That's great. But we all know that the soonest I could start it would be after 12 central time on Tuesday, so if you get started before then, I'll laugh.
          My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

EtaSport, spot fucking on. I used a burr bit to wallow out the holes for the bolts and around the top of the metal. Worked like a charm. I retested the starter, it works. The battery I was using was close to dead. Surprise. I turned the car over many times today. It gave me wood. But it didn't fire. I've got an idea of what is going on and I am going to check it first thing tomorrow morning. Oh, and I got my hand stuck. In between the intake manifold, the brake booster, and the firewall. Yea, I had to get somebody to help me unstick my hand.
            But holy cow that thing sounded mean trying to turn over. I've got the stock sized pipes running to right under the shifter where they go into an x-pipe, and then from there it is all dual 2.25" pipe. I haven't finished it since I haven't had a chance to put it in there air and finish it, but it ends (for the time being) right in front of the gas tank. Holy hell it was deep and it sounded pissed off. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tomorrow will be great.
            My 2.9L Build!

Comment

awesome man, glad that worked out for you.
              Old and improved:

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                I was right. Now I just have to fix my ignition trigger settings and all will be good. I know I don't have them set right because it is backfiring through the exhaust. I have a video of it too. I need a laptop! ARGH!
                My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Now I need to fix the trigger settings in the ECU to get the ignition set.

Watch it. watch it now.
                  My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Be careful with the backfires or the ICV tube will blow out and will not seat properly. Mine was doing that for awhile. Needed a new tube after the plastic gromet broke that holds it in place.

Comment

Oh, yea I know. Before I put the manifold on, when I put the ICV tube connector (?) into the manifold, I made sure it wasn't going to come out. So I JB welded it in there around the lip where it touches the manifold. I don't want to have to try and get that thing back on if it were to come off.
                      My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                        Nice shit-eating-grin you got there . :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Yea, I know. I am excited.

coming up on almost 2 years of collecting parts and it's finally coming together.
                          My 2.9L Build!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! It sounds mean as shit too! I will have video up when I get off of work.
                            My 2.9L Build!

Comment

My camera batteries = fail

I've got enough video to show up to where I started it. But not the actual starting. Sucks. I will try and get video tomorrow and charge the batteries tonight.
                              My 2.9L Build!

Comment

you are such a tease...

great build btw.

can you outline in details your 5 lug conversion ? there's some confustion on what parts to use. IFAIK, e28 trailing arms (complete with brakes, etc) - but will stock halfshafts work ? , and on the front complete e36 strut with e30m3 control arm... will normall e36 control arm work (happen to have these brand new)...

Comment

Working...
                                X