No announcement yet.

part one - 1984 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would keep the body the way it is. done well it will look sweet with 5 lug and what have you. keep us updated

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
      Go fuckin get 'em. I love builds like this. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
      Thanks, I cant either...

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
      I would keep the body the way it is. done well it will look sweet with 5 lug and what have you. keep us updated
      I didn't like the fitment on the front of the kit, corners stuck out too much where the "bumper" would bethe the bottom of the fender, going facelift w/ is lip, ryang splitter, maybe french fogs, smoked elips, euro trim. I think I'm ditching the 5-lug until Stage 2, Thinking of just upgrading from my fuh raze narrow diameter strut housings to the larger 4-lug for now, still using coilovers and BBK.

Originally posted by Digitalwave
      I'm interested to see if this is one of those "10 year plan" project cars, or if you actually have all that stuff done by next summer.
      Thanks for the possitive commentary, actually, I'm really pushing for on-the-road by June 1st. The previous work from putting it on jackstands happened Thursday, (48hr ago) and I will be yanking the engine/trans tonight after work. Remember I run a pair auto shop, time/project managment is my forte. In fact, If I can organize a 2.5m a year pair of auto shops, I can complete this project in the alloted time. Again, thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
        Do you have most of the parts already?

s52 being pulled out of a vehicle, for delivery Oct 1, My transmission guy is getting me whatever transmission I want (usdm), Bout 1200.00 in misc mouldings/gaskets/clips from dealer (with my jobber pricing) in bins in the garage. I have my paint guy doing the exterior in o.e. Black (haven't chosen exact color), engine bay is getting 5 coats of black gloss brake caliper enamel to protect from any spills, damage. Wheels, tires, no, don't have them, brakes, gotta order. suspension, ordering spree. But alas, I have budgeted aside aprox 2500.00 to 3000.00 per month between now, and when its complete.

Comment

sounds delicious bro...trust me ur gonna love the power! :twisted:
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Remember I run a pair auto shop, time/project managment is my forte. In fact, If I can organize a 2.5m a year pair of auto shops, I can complete this project in the alloted time. Again, thanks for the support.
            Whoa there, baller. Subscribed...
            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Engine out and on a pallet as of 8:35 PM. Now the cleaning of the bay begins before paint.

Comment

Empty Bay

Update:

Cell Phone Shot...

Next:

Degreaser.... Any suggestions? I have a 5 gal bottle of "Purple Power", and 1/2 case of Auto parts store spray degreaser. Aside from ventilation, what more could I need?

Comment

Following your thread.... were you able to pull the m10 out by yourself or needed a second set of hands ?
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Subscribed.

Jean its not that dificult if you take your time to pull a motor by your self. Ask how i know.
                    -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      Following your thread.... were you able to pull the m10 out by yourself or needed a second set of hands ?
                      Easy to pull yourself. I pulled one out in less that 2 hours by myself. From driving the car into the driveway under its own power to having it out with transmission attached, wiring, steering rack, ecu, etc.

They are very small motors.

Comment

Is it just me, or is it strange that a dude who runs some fancy auto repair shops is doing this work in a dimly lit junk filled garage?
                        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Cool, sorry for a hijack.
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                            Is it just me, or is it strange that a dude who runs some fancy auto repair shops is doing this work in a dimly lit junk filled garage?
                            Maybe he works at MSR.

-Charlie
                            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                            FYYFF

Comment

Yes, I pulled it myself, aside from my amazing assistant (future wife) handing me tools under the car, and pumping the cherry picker as I adjusted the load leveler.

Originally posted by euroshark View Post

Well, working 12 hr days at a shop with the volume I have, it is impossable for me to work on my car at work. this is my home garage "shop". I have 4 8' flouro. lights and romex that I haven't found time to install. All the work I'm doing is at home after a 12 hr workday. Sorry, my shop does not have enough light for you, When you come over to do your engine swap with my tools in my space, I'll be sure to clean up for you.

My "fancy shop" is a constant flow of brake jobs, struts, and, engine/trans replacments. There is nowhere in my 28 bays I can leave my car tying up a rack for months on end. the only real free space that was secure for me to leave my tools, car was my own garage. I have 15 techs to control and keep busy all day at work, you thing I could complete a project like this there in my non existant free time?
                              Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 09-27-2007, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Geeez

Comment

Working...
                                X