No announcement yet.

part one - 1984 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now to strip and prime the other 60% of the engine bay.

Comment

Better Shots

Angle Grinder...

Before And After Sanding Wheels...

To this... (Well, other side actually...)

Next, sanding... Then more painting.

Comment

Awesome work Farbin,
        what do you intend to do with the exterior paint? Won't you have to sand off most of the "aftermarket" paint to be able to respray? Will you be getting it proffesionally repainted?

Julien
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I figure I can paint the engine bay in a brake caliper type enam. to prevent oil/fluids from f'n up the paint. The exterior is gonna be done by someone with 20+ in the industry, whatever he has to do to get it where I want it is what's gonna happen. There is enough distractions in the engine bay with tanks, wiring, and, an s52 to keep eyes looking for paint perfection, rattle cans will do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            I figure I can paint the engine bay in a brake caliper type enam. to prevent oil/fluids from f'n up the paint.
            Nice, this is what I'm doing as well when I pull one 24v for another. I'm probably going to go with a dark neutral gray if I can find it. Then focus on a clean engine bay.

About how many hours do you have into cleaning and painting it so far?
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
              Nice, this is what I'm doing as well when I pull one 24v for another. I'm probably going to go with a dark neutral gray if I can find it. Then focus on a clean engine bay.

About how many hours do you have into cleaning and painting it so far?

Three... Maybe. Electric tools FTW!!!! I couldn't imagine sanding with paper or a block.

Comment

wow great project glad to see your doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBrick View Post
                  wow great project glad to see your doing it right

Much Thanks!!!:)

FYI: The full BMP kit (front/rear bumper skins, brackets, lights, sideskirts) going to someone that didn't even ask about it in this post. They are coming to pick em' all up tomorrow. Niftyness to be posted soon.;);)
                  Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 10-10-2007, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Posting previously forewarned niftyness... almost a teaser...but, no.

Comment

that is really good work man. I just pulled my m10 the other day. im working on my disc brake conversion right now. love what you did with the engine bay ill git me some sanding discs tomorrow. a lot easier than slathering naval jelly everywhere to get rid or rust too i bet
                      my car is delphin-metallic (gray) so should be easy to match
                      also--are you going turbo or n/a?
                      I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
                        that is really good work man. I just pulled my m10 the other day. im working on my disc brake conversion right now. love what you did with the engine bay ill git me some sanding discs tomorrow. a lot easier than slathering naval jelly everywhere to get rid or rust too i bet
                        my car is delphin-metallic (gray) so should be easy to match
                        also--are you going turbo or n/a?

N/A Baby... Funny what your e30 is in your avatar. Copycat...
                        Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 10-11-2007, 06:08 PM.

Comment

let me have the black and white seats yo..are they sport?
                          Operation S/C E39M5.:woowoo:

Comment

Originally posted by dj2xrated View Post
                            let me have the black and white seats yo..are they sport?

Sport, grey and black vinyl. Let you have, yo? Did you just put down a crackpipe? Have?

Comment

LOL hadnt noticed yours i had my engine out 1st!!
                              I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

Updates tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X