Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed some SS Headers. They look and sound awesome, but they were a pain in the aSS to install. Fortunately I had a torch around to make a few needed adjustments in the bends.

My advice to people getting headers! Get a well known and trusted brand, so you don't have to use a torch and a lift to get your shit straight.
    Performance gains were very noticable in the 4-6K rpm range. I also accidentally broke the rear "factory" dry rotted doggy chew toy exhaust mounts (insulators) trying to cram my oversized shiney exhaust back in there. I had to make some custom ones, to hold me over till I can get some OEM replacements at pet depot.

When the OEM hangers come in I'm going to weld the pipes together. The autozone exhaust clamps suck and they are way to ugly on a SS system.

Comment

gave her a wash today
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Installed some new wheels and tires.

DForce 13Lb Silver Race Wheels, wrapped with some falken 912's 225/50/15's. The car now handles amazing. stopping power and highspeed corning has been improved drastically.

Now to find a way to get a BMW logo looking good on the center cap.

I was very impressed with the Wheels/rubber. Two of the wheels balanced out perfectly with no weights at all. The other two were only off by a few grams, I've never seen that happen before. And the guy at the tire shop said it's rare.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KatFish View Post
          Installed some new wheels and tires.

DForce 13Lb Silver Race Wheels, wrapped with some falken 912's 225/50/15's. The car now handles amazing. stopping power and highspeed corning has been improved drastically.

Now to find a way to get a BMW logo looking good on the center cap.

I was very impressed with the Wheels/rubber. Two of the wheels balanced out perfectly with no weights at all. The other two were only off by a few grams, I've never seen that happen before. And the guy at the tire shop said it's rare.
          If you think the 912's are nice, get yourself a set of Hankook R-S3's. Beware, they're pretty much 10k mi. tires though. I use them on my ST AutoX cars.
          Originally posted by george graves
          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Removed the subframe and changed the diff gasket and fluid. Installed my steel braided brake lines and half way installed a set of calipers that I rebuilt 3 months ago. Moved all the AKG bushings to the new subframe and A-arms. Bolted up the A-arms and the diff to the new RTAB subframe. Tomorrow it all goes back together!

Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Put it all back together! Changed the oil and filter and went for a drive :)

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

finally got my interior back together. what a relief.

Comment

Adding parts to my wtb Alpina B6 3.5
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Dismantled the M3 calipers. Dropping them at the powder coater tomorrow.

Comment

Got it smogged! it passed :)
                      sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                      1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                      1991 318is - Sold
                      1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by GodIse30 View Post
                        Got it smogged! it passed :)
                        Nice! I've got to tackle that soon

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Replaced a wheel bearing that has been howling for way too long, then went for a ride in my friends girls new 135i. My m50 is really slow.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

found out that my window circuit breaker is tripped and my window motors are bad. where can i find the circuit breaker? looked everywhere ....
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            But of course
                            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Stripped the lips on my euroweaves I just bought. Tires this week!

Comment

Repaired the non working drivers electric window. like a boss.
                                Originally Posted by ACMF74
                                i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Working...
                                X