Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued work on the donor M50. Got the head off, finished cleaning the block, and got it painted. Re-assembly finally about ready to start!

Originally posted by LJ851
    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
    #teamross
    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Painted my engine bay and ordered Bavauto Hi-performance coils. Later tonight installing cams and redoing the timing chains.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Andrew and I just fixed my SPAL fan, wasn't coming on at all. Checked all the fuses, relays, pulled apart the wiring, couldn't find anything wrong. Turned out that the contacts for the relay up in the fusebox were pushed down inside of the housing. Pulled the fusebox apart, popped them back in, power to the relay/fuses and the fan works.

Comment

Pulled the oil pan off of the M50, and cleaned up the head gasket area on the block, and cleaned the pistons.
          Originally posted by LJ851
          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
          #teamross
          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Dropped my subframe
            E30 buildy things
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Got to work on it for the first time since I bought it. The PO removed the clutch slave cylinder to put in a new one and never did. He told me that the clutch just needed to be bled (liar). So I bought a new slave cylinder but now I have to order the vent screw for it before I install the new slave. Also worked on the vacuum lines today and figured out some lines that I need to purchase.

Comment

resprayed trim all around and installed smoked tint on lows, highs, and fogs.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

replaced the old m20 with a slightly less old m20 and did all the gaskets and replaced everything rubber

Comment

Put the extractors back on & radiator back in properly to continue running it in NA. Will get the rest of the exhaust on tomorrow & fill up with coolant.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Shaved my trunk roundel. Still need to finish with gloss black paint, but I like it so far.

-Erik
                      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

put on a new set of bronze D-Force 15x7 wheels and tires.

Comment

tucked my metal bumpers it looks 100 times better now but that oil smells alot lol

Comment

Ripped the broken IE Engine mounts out that have 600km's on them & put vorschlag ones in. Can not even begin to say how dissapointed I am with Ie Engine mounts. Also filled it with coolant, put the exhaust on. Ran it up to temperature & made sure all was good.

Tomorrow will be bringing my home my drill & fitting race skid bash plate & bleeding my brakes.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

CD43 installed! What a great stereo.
                              Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by blalor View Post
                                Track day prep continued yesterday. I went through the safety tech check myself (because at this point, I'm more familiar with this car than any paid-for mechanic), changed the transmission fluid (the old stuff smelled minty?!), replaced the exhaust hanger, and I think I'm good to go! The transmission was immediately quieter.
                                could have had marvel mystery oil in it, i cant think of anything else that would cause it to smell minty lol

Comment

Working...
                                X