Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets seee i replaced my broken alternator bracket today, picked up my master cylinder at the parts store, and am contimplating how i am going to take off my drain plug on my tranny...now im about to go put on my new emblems
    e30s r kool

Comment

I smogged her! Passed like a champ. :)
      sigpic

Comment

took out the trunk tar- all 52lbs worth

Comment

Nothing, i've been driving my Corvair around.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Monty, nice job on that rear apron smoothing. I thought about smoothing mine before I mounted it, but ended up leaving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxter View Post
              took out the trunk tar- all 52lbs worth
              No kidding! Some models have more that others, mine weighed in at about 60 lbs! I replaced it with 3 lbs of Dynamat and it sounds even better.

Comment

I parked her in the garage for the first time in 4 months.
                The Five is alive!!
                Slicktop City!

Comment

Laid about 30 ft. of rubber.
                  Past: 1991 330is; 1995 318ti; 1993 325is; 1997 318ti; 1989 332is; 1999 Z3 M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    Monty, nice job on that rear apron smoothing. I thought about smoothing mine before I mounted it, but ended up leaving it.
                    You should do it. I am sooooo happy with it. Just painting the black on the rockers and lower rear looks alot cleaner, and smoothed is icing on the cake.
                    Today I went to work, unmasked it, put the bumpers on, drove to TJ's house and put the remaining pieces in place.

Before...

After...

Before...

After...
                    sigpic

Comment

It looks pretty good like that. The front valance is smooth on my 87 and if i ever get a late model rear valance for it, it will be smooth also.

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
                        You should do it. I am sooooo happy with it. Just painting the black on the rockers and lower rear looks alot cleaner, and smoothed is icing on the cake.
                        Today I went to work, unmasked it, put the bumpers on, drove to TJ's house and put the remaining pieces in place.

Before...

After...

Before...

After...

WOW!!!

How did you do that? Sanded down, or peeled off the "Rhino liner" with a putty knife, lol?

Comment

I started using 80 grit sand paper on a D.A. (dual action sander) but it just made a gummy mess. So I grabbed a heat gun and a stiff about 1 inch wide putty knife and went to town, it peeled off with ease.
                          sigpic

Comment

That looks great! What about rock chips though? did you add any kind of flexible coating or elastomer to the paint, to prevent them? Looks amazing but I am wondering about the durability...

Comment

Flexible coating dries out in about a week, the stuff is mainly for handling. Like a corvette bumper is very flexible so it helps for the paint to not spider web when handling. I used a Dupont Scratch and Mar resistant clear, its very durable.
                              sigpic

Comment

I put a Z3 M coupe shift lever in the car today and rebuilt the shift linkage.

Also had to ground a 30mm impact bit down to size so I could get the balancer off. I went to 5 tool stores and none of them carried a 30mm deep well thin wall socket.

I fixed a broken sway bar end tab as well.

Took the intake setup apart and cleaned everything up in there.

As a side note I removed the stone guard stuff a week or so ago. I removed it from the underbody though, because I had to get to some rust spots to blast em out.

That was my great day with the E30..

Comment

Working...
                                X