This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    lol, I've been there. We were under my car doing something else, and my mechanic freaks out all of a sudden. I had no driveability changes, even after the new ones were installed.

Jay
    hahah, I had my eta inspected a few years ago and the mechanic was like, "uhh, have you heard a clunking lately"? I was like "no...why?" He then brings me under the lift and prys my engine up about 3 inches. "oh..."

I guess m20's don't mind broken mounts...
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I installed a ghetto clutch stop! Does the job 100% though! ;)
      N.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
      It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
      you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        I guess m20's don't mind broken mounts...
        Apparently not. The same thing happened to me a while back. The mechanic told me that I need a new motor mount and I thought that this was for preventative purposes. I asked him, "how long do you think it will be before it actually breaks? He just stood there and looked at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
          Apparently not. The same thing happened to me a while back. The mechanic told me that I need a new motor mount and I thought that this was for preventative purposes. I asked him, "how long do you think it will be before it actually breaks? He just stood there and looked at me.
          hahahaha

Thread contribution:
          I replaced my motor mounts today (see a few posts back). Got the headers installed. Did not install the rest of the exhaust. Started the car at approximately 11:00pm tonight in my garage, in the middle of a fairly busy town. r3vd car to approximately 5k.

About 30 times.

Made video of said activities.

Will continue working tomorrow.

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            hahahaha

Thread contribution:
            I replaced my motor mounts today (see a few posts back). Got the headers installed. Did not install the rest of the exhaust. Started the car at approximately 11:00pm tonight in my garage, in the middle of a fairly busy town. r3vd car to approximately 5k.

About 30 times.

Made video of said activities.

Will continue working tomorrow.

mmmm, that looks soo good

Comment

I installed a fresh engine and IE poly engine/tranny mounts today. Hopefully I'll be able to do a bit more for it tomorrow.

Comment

Installed new o2 sensor, 02 sensor relay, egr valve, charcoal canister, and cps. Gonna install new exhaust gaskets tomorrow... and hopefully my 19# injectors will get here.

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                  In a hurry to glaze your pads, eh? Its a good plan to avoid slamming on your brakes to let the pads seat into the rotor.
                  mmmm... damn! Now you tell me :(

Anyway, i did it once to test, hope i didn't trash them.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                    I have the most exclusively built NOS OE BMW 2.3L S14 on the planet.
                    ....:up:

I took out my rear seat, washed it, cleaned the shit out of my stock and CSi wheels, vaccumed and wiped the dust off the dash, took out the loose manual crank for the sunroof, taking out the passenger seat for tomorrow's cruise.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

Worked on that.
                      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Painted the stuff I've been posting. Ripped the heat shield off the cat when pulling the car into the spray booth.
                        sigpic

Comment

i looked at it for a few mins

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                          Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                          E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

bought all parts for 5 speed swap(less than 200 for trans, flywheel, used clutch, pedal box, master cyl, driveshaft, & lines.

put all parts together in a pile for my clear lenses, smoked elispiod hi and low w/ angel eye (maybe)

what else

went to midnight maddness drift session.

and wrote a build plan for exterior.

Comment

let someone else drive it.
                              (doh!)

story:
                              I went canoeing this morning, and the guy who was running it brought one of those paddle boats down from his house a few miles away. It took him FOREVER to paddle it down, and asked if anyone was willing to paddle it back for him. I said sure, and he said, I'll just take your car to my house. My car's got quirks, so I was explaining a couple, and finished up with, oh yeah, Reverse is left and up. He looked up and said.. hmmm how long has it been since I drove a manual...? (double doh!) I decided, well, she's going under the knife pretty soon anyways, what's the worst that could happen. He couldn't find reverse and it was parked on a downhill. He ran over the wooden park block, and then came and got me to do it. As he was leaving, he was riding the hell out of my clutch. Now the clutch is doing funny things.

Oh well.
                              Slicktop City!

Comment

took it to a shop to have them diagnose my hot start/heat soak issue..... and the car started perfectly every time. time wasted and now its not doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X