My 84 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 84 318i

Im looking for suggestions on engine swap.

m20,m30,m60,s50,s52, ls1, ls2 .. what's in your budget ?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

well 5-6k. But I mean my cars really old, I might just sell it and get a 91 318is, but do you think its worth putting money into such and old car? id be up for it, get back at me

Comment

Not the cleanest e30 I've seen, but I've seen worst become a show queen.

My advice - learn how to drive it - a 318i can be a fun car to learn how to drive...(same as karts .. aka go-carts) - you learn how to carry speed through the corners.

Over the next year, get a subscription to the BMW CCA, and read the forums.

WARNING - if this is your first BMW - you might get addicted. Take it slow - no one builds a awesome e30 over night. I'm on the 10 year plan...

HTH..

Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

5-6k will get you an s50/s52 swap with a tranny and all. How is the rest of the car though, you don't want to just concentrate on power w/o addressing other possible issues like bushings/brakes/suspension/steering/interior etc ...

And like GG said, learn to drive it with the 100hp that it's got and then go from there. Honestly what I would do is start with an 89+ car. I started with an 84, and it's been a lot of work and I am nowhere near done. If you cover all the areas of the car, and even do most of the labor yourself you can easily 2x-3x your budget before you even go into engine/body/paint work.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

^ +10billion

Don't be stupid and waste your money and realize down the road what you SHOULD of did.

Comment

Ya you guys are right, The car seems to be overheating right now, so its just sitting. It also has a pretty nasty hit on the left side in the rear. Im just gonna have my fun with it driving like you guys said, and later down the road get a newer one. And trust me im already addicted to bimmers, haha.

Comment

nless you like diving boards or are planning on a mtech 1 kit, or have a fixation on the smaller tail lights, chuck the car and get a 88+. I'm in over 7k in parts and I have not addressed the paint or motor. Need another 1,500 to complete my stroker.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

dont swap. BOOOST. it would be nice to see something than another 24valver

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

keep the 84 in another year youll only have to pay 12 bucks for inspection haha. atleast here in tx

Comment

sell the car. they are moneypits.

jk, refresh the m10 and turbo it. Anyone know the stock compression on an m10?

Comment

Originally posted by mudflaps View Post
                        sell the car. they are moneypits.

jk, refresh the m10 and turbo it. Anyone know the stock compression on an m10?
                        Thought it was 10:1.

( Or i'm mixing it up with the m42 and it is 8.8:1 )
                        E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                        E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

buy my turbo m10 kit
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
                          X