Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha sweet!

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Got the engine mostly down to the block, having trouble removing the crank nut yet again. I need a better compressor bad.

Everything looks good inside so far. The only thing I knew about it before I got it was that it was from an e32, so I was quite happy to still see the factory cross hatching. I have all the wiring all set from the last swap too so I'm planning (maybe stupidly) on everything going smoothly.

The only thing that may hold me back is getting the head back from the machine shop. They told Pat 2 weeks for his m30 head, so its going to be close.
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

All my gaskets and the timing chain kit arrived today. I'll drop the head off tomorrow before work and try to sweet talk him into getting it done quickly lol.

Also borrowed a 700ft/lb gun from work :p
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Hell yeah dude, glad that motor looks good inside! Hope you make it to LRP with this in time.
          Originally posted by BillBrasky
          E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
          1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
          1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
          1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
          2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
            Hell yeah dude, glad that motor looks good inside! Hope you make it to LRP with this in time.
            No doubt
            BMW Headlights ::

Comment

Yeah, I'm happy with it so far so I guess I wont start a bad feedback thread for the seller ;)

Little updates:

The big gun failed, so I need to find someone around that will let me borrow a blue wrench so I can finally get that fucking crank nut off.

The machinist told me today that I should have the head back by the weekend.

Pat challenged me to get it in the car and running by the end of this weekend...
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

pwnt that sumbitch :)

Been working till past dark every day this week, so I don't have anything else good to update with other than my head is ready to be picked up. We are supposed to get a huge hurricane this weekend, so idk how much I'm going to get done.

Next week is going to be a long one lol
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

Aww Byron you gotta hurry up you start school again next week!

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                  No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Watchu talkin bout Willis?
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                      Watchu talkin bout Willis?
                      Don't you go back to school next week? Or the week after?

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                      No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

I've been back for 7 weeks. 3 year program ftl
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Engine primed waiting for paint

Awesome exhaust that I only got to hear for a day :(

Apparently Joe's mounts fit a little too well- my head and transmission were clearancing themselves on the firewall. I'll have to smash away before I throw the new engine in.

Engine out! Look how sad it looks

Empty bay

Mishap: Managed to break 3 of the subframe bolts off inside the frame rail
                          stoopid New England rust. Going to try to drill and extract them, but I know that's not going to work. I may weld the subframe to the body for now just to get this thing running again, but I really don't want to. Open to ideas here...
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

i had a welded subframe in my 86 cause i busted abolt....

when we dropped an b25 in i took another shoot at it and ended up spending hours drilling a huge hole, chopping an opening in the top of the frame in the bay and adding a nut and bolt... has held strong since

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Through bolting isn't a bad idea. I really don't want to take the time to drill through the bolts to make a hole though. This thing NEEDS to be done by Friday, and I have work every day.
                              Byron
                              Leichtbau

Comment

i took me hours... i mean hours! after the bolt in side the frame is a ball of metal you gotta go thru...

its the m30 curse man... they dont like deadlines

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Working...
                                X