No announcement yet.

My Turbo project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had a short day yesterday, and went swimming with my daughter, so I only got a little done.--- rob from peter---give to paul as my father used to always say.
    went out to the barn, and took the 3,46LSD from my M3, and put the original 3,25LSD back in it. now euro 3 needs to get moving and take the way to steep(for a euro dogleg trans) 3,91LSD out of his M3 and trade me for the 3,64.
    soo, all this= 3,91LSD big housing for the turbo project!

Last edited by mikeedler; 02-07-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

and today was pretty good. pulled the rest of the stuff out of the engine bay(no this car is not going to be a show car), so I didnt go to crazy. welded in the intercooler brackets, and cut out all the other unnecessary other brackets.

then proceeded to paint the engine compartment.-- in a carport and the outside temp was about 40 and it was raining pretty good, so I am surprised the results came out this good. the color looks really nice in there i think.

I also recieved my exhaust manifold finally, so I put the head on the block so I can start working out the oil lines and such. going to start to put the motor together completely tomorrow.

and my intercooler mounted.

Last edited by mikeedler; 02-07-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Nice progress! God i love that Orange thing!
        -Brandon
        sigpic

Comment

I would have put that 3.25 in the turbo project... I know I want to get one shortly. My 3.73 is way too steep. What are you going to do about WG placement?
          :: PNW Crew ::
          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I am not looking for an autobahn screamer really. I want a 1/4 mile/short spurts in the twisties type of car. what do you mean too steep? I want to be able to burn tires in 3rd gear type of feeling in the car.
            I am going to drill out a nice big hole in the exhaust header, and run a pipe out-- the same as what ryan did with his vert.
            if the thing ever gets in the mail!!! Its been about 2 months now that I have been waiting on it.

Comment

You just rip through the gears very quickly. I am sure you will change it if you don't like it. My 1st and 2nd gear are nearly useless.
              :: PNW Crew ::
              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

maybe I will slap the 3,64 in it then, and see how that works out. dave might be upset, but it is my revenge for welding up his project car, and then parting it!!!!!!

Comment

So Mike what are you going to do about Tuv? Or just remove and reinstall after the car gets it inspection?

Comment

no TUV on it. my M3 hasnt had TUV since 1992 either. I will drive it either on borrowed dealer plates, or on 5 day temp plates. kinda a shame that it wont be driven much either.
                    it would be way to much trouble to get tuv on the car- its a 316i with a m20 in it and if i was to get pulled over in it with tuv, but the turbo motor in it, i would get fined like crazy, the inspection sticker would be removed, and prob. loose my license for a while.

Comment

Making nice progress on the project.
                      sigpic
                      1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
                      1995 E30 325e (in progress)
                      1987 E30 325is (totaled)
                      1990 E30 325i
                      1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
                      1996 E36 328ic
                      1997 Z3
                      2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

Don't listen the the R3V guys, you need a 3,91. The 3,91 will compensate for the ebay manifold!

I wanted to part the rust bucket on the first day. If it will make you feel better, I will remove all the welded parts and return them for a refund.

Comment

I think the ebay manifold will be fine - the only thing I would do to it is change to a split pulse. also, I would try to make your dump tube go into the exhaust as far downstream into the exhaust as possible.

oh yeah, I've got a gutted motronic ecu sitting in my garage :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

my update of the day. put the front of the motor along with all of the other internal stuff together/valve adj. and such.

Last edited by mikeedler; 02-07-2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

looks stylish!
                              -Brandon
                              sigpic

Comment

looking good

-
                                Project
                                Parts for Sale
                                Feedback
                                YouTube Channel

Comment