My Turbo project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    I think the ebay manifold will be fine - the only thing I would do to it is change to a split pulse. also, I would try to make your dump tube go into the exhaust as far downstream into the exhaust as possible.

oh yeah, I've got a gutted motronic ecu sitting in my garage :p
    No point changing to split pulse when its a non-divided housing. You silly goose.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

thats kinda what i was thinking too, but i am honestly still turbo stupid. learning as i go.
      realized I need to buy a oilreturn fitting too!!! the one from my 324td mani/turbo doesnt even come close to fitting.
      how is the MS coming along Chris?
      take your time, just not to much!!!!!j/k.
      hey Issac, what do you think I will be putting out power wise with this setup? the motor is a 2.7 eta with the i head all stock. I plan to try to run 0,8-1.0 bar. 1/4 mile time with the 3,91? I figured you are the best person to ask, you know how this turbo feels.
      Last edited by mikeedler; 02-09-2008, 05:15 AM.

Comment

You should be putting down roughly 280-90 whp on a dyno jet @ .8 bar and probably around 330ish whp at 1 bar is my guess. PLENTY of power in an e30. Id say high 12s, low 13s easy if you can hook up at all at with a good tune.
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

so here is another update.

took the motor off of the stand, and started to get everything ready to get it in the car.

mounted the cluch and pressure plate-----getriebe seite = richtung getriebe(sorry, had to do it due to the problems the other day on here). the throw out bearing was bad, so had to call it a day till I could go get another one.

Mass confusion this morning. was also really cold( this is a car port and its about 25degrees here.

Comment

got the motor in this afternoon. started hooking up some of the stuff up also.

started to make some of the downpipe also.

it was way to cold to take the putting the motor in pics. so here are the it is in pics.

Comment

That's gonna be a fun car. Gives me turbo envy. Love your carport with BMW guts scattered everywhere, the world would be a better place if more of them looked like that.
              Matt

sigpic

Comment

Make sure to replace that OE rubber intake boot with silicone or AL pipe. It WILL rip in a very short period of time. I also recommend a 90 bend off the oil inlet. glad to see it coming together. Its a process.

Also What clutch is that you put in there? I hope it was upgraded or you will be in a world of hurt. My stock clutch would spin past 4k rpms in 3rd and up with that turbo at 10psi.
                Last edited by backtrail69; 02-17-2008, 02:38 AM.
                '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

fuck me, you work fast man. looking good, yer stable is looking killer as always.
                  IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I wasn't sure about your engine block paint scheme... But now I know. Looking great man.

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                    fuck me, you work fast man. looking good, yer stable is looking killer as always.
                    +1 !!!

Comment

Its a stock clutch. will see how it works out. I can always change it out later- I know its more work, but money that I dont have right this minute. I guess I am hoping it will hold up for a little bit.

I feel I am working on the slow side on this thing!!!! today was a clean up the garage, and bring all of the old stuff away day. now I will finally have a bit of space again.

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                        Make sure to replace that OE rubber intake boot with silicone or AL pipe. It WILL rip in a very short period of time. I also recommend a 90 bend off the oil inlet. glad to see it coming together. Its a process.
                        First thing I noticed as well.

Happy to see it coming together! Cant wait to see it running!
                        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

can both of you post a pic of what you did with your ICV?????
                          on the oil inlet, I realised once the motor was in the car that I HAVE to put a 90 degree bend on there.
                          as far as the stock clutch goes, it is a really stiff "feeling" pressure plate, so I am hoping for the best.

there are so many small things that need to be done to get this thing together!!!! I still need my headbolts and the wastegate!!! and injectors!

beginning of this week entails the disc brake conversion on the rear, and diff and that stuff, and see where we go from there I want to try to get this thing painted sometime fairly soon too.
                          Last edited by mikeedler; 02-18-2008, 10:08 AM.

Comment

We removed it altogether, but that's not saying much because we both also have MegaSquirt :p

In all seriousness though, someone local had a turbo e30 on a motronic and he removed the ICV. He jacked up the idle screw and the car idled at 1000rpms, but it ran fine.
                            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Mike has MS too he is just going to keep running the PWM valve for better idle control. Mine is just a 90 degree bend with a silicone coupler on the TB with the ICV port on the TB blocked off. Don't forget to vent the VC breather to a catch can too.
                              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I also have megasquirt!!!!haha
                                so it is posible to run without it. its all new to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X