No announcement yet.

My Turbo project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would recommend you keep it. Chris will be including a PCB to control the valve on your MS. If you welded on a bung on a 90 degree pipe with a small hose connecting it to the ICV that would work well.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

guess I will have to look into alluminum welding then. always wanted to try it.

Comment

Whoops, I'm forgetting crap already :p

Sorry, long night... just got up not too long ago. :)
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
          No point changing to split pulse when its a non-divided housing. You silly goose.
          that would be trival to do though :p
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
            We removed it altogether, but that's not saying much because we both also have MegaSquirt :p

In all seriousness though, someone local had a turbo e30 on a motronic and he removed the ICV. He jacked up the idle screw and the car idled at 1000rpms, but it ran fine.
            cold startups without the ICV suck, and it's not even that hard to get working.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this thread?! Great project, loving where its going, can't wait to see it all done, thats going to be a monster.
              Reminiscing...

Comment

amazing project... colors on a motor looks cool...
                a have to do the same:rofl:

Comment

been a while since I did an update. got a few things done.

put a new fender on it-- brand new for 30 dollars!

wastegate finally came in so I had to make a pipe on the ebay manifold for it, and decided to run the wastegate back into the downpipe.

put the rear suspension on. so now it has discs instead of the drums. put the koni shocks on I had laying around, along with a M tech rear swaybar.

Comment

started to make the guage holder/panel. going to sit where the radio was.

made the rear section of the exhaust. it is straight through, no muffler at all. gonna see how it sounds, then decide if I need one.- left over exhaust tip from a friends truck.

a shot from the front and rear. this is going to be the ride height I guess. not to much more weight going in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      cold startups without the ICV suck, and it's not even that hard to get working.
                      O'rly?

Maybe THAT's why my cold start up sucks. o.O

Hey Mike,

Car's looking good. Can I teach you a few tricks on this one? :)
                      Last edited by Erick; 02-28-2008, 12:07 PM.
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Damn a new fender for $30?! I need both sides plz. :(

Looks great man, can't wait for paint!
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

I'm itching for the day when I'll have my own garage, toolbox, and can work on my car in my nice little garage with my beer in hand.

How many years do I have left? Gaah...I have at least 3 until I can get close to such a dream...then I have to pay off loans.

WELL - that project looks awesome! Look forward to seeing the results.
                          - Sean Hayes

Comment

This is a really good buildup! You are going to love that car!

-Brandon
                            sigpic

Comment

copied this from my other thread.

my daughter names all of my cars, and named this one TURBI because she heard me talking about "turbo"

well, got to a point of getting the car sort of back into 1 piece. and was so excited it looked sort of like a car again (a bit rough/junkyard dogish) though. so I took a few pics and though I would post some, just to whore it out. I recieved my Kosei's yesterday, and had the tires mounted just to see if the 245/45/17 tires would fit on the rear without major work.-- fit just fine.
                              1 is on its way to Poland to be "unbent", then the complete set will be redone.
                              also took a few shots of the M today while I was picking up my tires from the garage.

its an ALPINA ---- i swear!!! wood FTW!

Comment

So, a few thing changed, but alot hasnt been done due to a million other things to do. family stuff sure holds up a car build up--- not complaining though!

So, the original plans of a stripped body have gone away due to a "right price" 80% M tech II kit!
                                its just kinda taped, stuck on there for the prelim. fitment

went and picked up the seats last weekend- 61 euros on ebay- not too bad I think.

welded up the brackets from VW and BMW- seats slide great and sit at the perfect height for me.

Got the exhaust finished up. most of it is 3", some at the end is 3 1/4 and at the rear axle it is at about 2 3/4. I think it is pretty free flowing. no muffler at all- will see if its TOOOOO loud, if it is, I will add a muffler then.

Last edited by mikeedler; 04-27-2008, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X