No announcement yet.

My Garage Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny my thread got bumped.... Here are a couple pictures of how it is now.

A new tool box....the one on the right.
    www.classicdaily.net
    1970 m42 swapped 2002
    1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

looks good

-
      Project
      Parts for Sale
      Feedback
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Can you stand up under the lift if the car is all the way up?
        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

What kind of heater is that and how many btu's is it rated for? Are you running only one? Your garage is a little larger than mine (2 1/2 stall) and I'm wondering how large of a unit I need to get.

Comment

Sam: It depends on what car is on the lift....and where you are standing. Many spots you can stand all the way up, others if it a little bit of a stoop. I normally lift it high enough so I can sit on a rolling chair to do any work.

Trent: My garage is 864sq ft and the heater is an OLD forced air unit...100k btu, 80% efficient so it is putting out 80k btu. It warms it up pretty quick and does have to run all that much to keep it around 50 or so. I have no reason to run it much warmer than that. There is no insulation in my garage... I only heat it a week or two over the span of a winter (only heat when I am out there working) so I didn't see the cost savings in insulating it.
            www.classicdaily.net
            1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

So what's the height requirement on your lift Jake?

Comment

Get some insulation and drywall up asap!

Comment

Well the posts are under 10' because it has a floor plate. I bought it from Greg Smith Eq. I think they are around 9 1/2' tall. If I would have done it all over again I would of had an attic space put above the front of the garage and scissor truss in the back where the lift is to allow for no floor plate. But all in all I am very happy with what I have.

2002man: The ceiling has drywall to keep the heat in. There is no reason for drywall on the walls...right now. I am currently hanging drywall in the 2nd floor of my house. I am near 50 sheets and they had to be carried up a stairway. So I will be ready to not drywall for awhile
                  www.classicdaily.net
                  1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                    Well the posts are under 10' because it has a floor plate. I bought it from Greg Smith Eq. I think they are around 9 1/2' tall. If I would have done it all over again I would of had an attic space put above the front of the garage and scissor truss in the back where the lift is to allow for no floor plate. But all in all I am very happy with what I have.

2002man: The ceiling has drywall to keep the heat in. There is no reason for drywall on the walls...right now. I am currently hanging drywall in the 2nd floor of my house. I am near 50 sheets and they had to be carried up a stairway. So I will be ready to not drywall for awhile
                    By floor plate do you mean the piece on the floor that runs between the posts?

I know of which you speak re hanging drywall. Advil is your friend.

Comment

Yes the floor plate is where the equalization cables are run and the hydro line is. The only issue with the floor plate is when you are rolling around on a stool you have to bump over the plate. But coming down to no lift or a plate on the floor...the plate wins.
                      www.classicdaily.net
                      1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

very nice garage, and a future tip, i would go with spray foam insulation with a blown in ceiling, recycled blown in insulation in the walls also works very well compared to insulation batts.

Comment

wow looks great!

00 Audi S4 2.7tt 6MT
                          02 Audi S6 Avant 4.2

Comment

A quick update of the garage

With the recent warm spell we have had in Michigan I have been doing some needed garage cleaning. I am getting ready for all the projects I have planned on my e34. So....I am thinking of moving some things around and looking for suggestions.

As you will see in the pictures my bench is along the right wall past the lift. What I am thinking of doing is putting peg board above the bench for more hanging storage. Things I use when I am at the bench.... Also I will be adding a metal bolt bin to the left of the bench by the stereo.

What I am debating is moving the cabinet above the bench to the back wall above the air and torch holders. Then I can put peg board all the way up on the wall along the bench. The cabinet holds solvents, oils, and safety stuff.

My tools are on the same wall as the bench but back behind the lift. Not ideal but sorta needed. I like to keep the lower part of the back wall open so I can pull a car all the way to the wall and then get 4 cars in the garage.

www.classicdaily.net
                            1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Working...
                            X