No announcement yet.

And it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're interested, I have a set of Racing Dynamics K27 pistons (84mm, 10.2:1, made to work with the b27 crank, b25 rods, and a b25 head). Brand new. I also have some b25 rods laying around from a 123k mile engine (along with the head from the same engine).

Just an alternative to the super eta pistons...
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Subscribed. Keep the pics-a-comin' ok Joshy? <tears>So proud!</tears>

Good luck!

LOL at checking the valve clearance (in reference to Jordan's 2.8 build for those who don't know) <--- right? hehe.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
      HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
      **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

should kick ass josh!
        PNW Crew
        90 m3
        06 m5

Comment

My 2.8 is pretty awesome, hell even Mr M52 himself (mot) thought it was pretty damn fun :)

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen
            plus piston rings and oil pump makes ~$1450.
            yours must have been plated in gold then. ;)
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
              I don't know, I tend to have that sort of stuff laying around.
              haha, you have all brand new parts laying around? Must be nice.

If you are building an engine, you don't put used parts on it...
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

yeah, actually. I tend to buy stuff and then forget I have it.. I think I have 3 brand new thermostats in my spare parts box. :p

of course the logic that follows - if you are swapping in a "new" engine, are you going to use an old water pump? are you going to replace gaskets and hoses?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Its about damn time you made a decision there Joshie. I still think you should opt for the ITB setup. :twisted:
                  sigpic

Comment

Everyone should stop being a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles and stroke, bore, turbo and cam their M20s! We will see what my engine makes at 20 psi within 1-2 months.. Already 100 whp over a obd1 s52 swap on my low boost..
                    :: PNW Crew ::
                    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Good to hear Josh--but sell what you've got and get atleast a 2.8 M50 to swap in there! They can be had on the cheap and make about the same power as 3.0 M50's (84x84 vs 86x86)

Comment

Josh, get a MAF and tune that motor. m20 with AFM delete feel soo much better.

PS: im jealous of your 20K miles m20.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                          i mean its cool and all, but i dont really think building an m20 is worth it. I mean it's going to cost $1-2k even if you get a free block. For that price you can get an s50, I just dont really think its worth it.
                          Nothing we do to our 20 year old non collector cars is really worth it. But its cheaper and safer then doing drugs.

Whats with all the knife edge pessimism? I though less rotating mass was always a good thing. Are you guys also against light weight fly wheels.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'm just speaking from experience. My m20 pistons were $600 alone (10.2:1 RD pistons). $300 in headwork, however much for cam, springs, arms and shafts, then all the gaskets, seals, hoses, etc. got pretty pricey. I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk or pessimistic or anything

Though I do think anything I do to my e30 is still worth it. No matter what it's still a $15-20k car :)
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Well you have a collector e30 so your mods don't count. j/k. A built M20 just adds character. 20 years from now the hottest e30 on the planet will be an all original 84 318i. Those will be damn near extinct in 5 years.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                                Nothing we do to our 20 year old non collector cars is really worth it. But its cheaper and safer then doing drugs.

Whats with all the knife edge pessimism? I though less rotating mass was always a good thing. Are you guys also against light weight fly wheels.
                                because it costs lots of money for almost no gain? Unless josh is planning on building a 7500rpm monster, there's no reason for him to waste money on that. Better to spend some of that to have it tuned properly. A shaved down flywheel cost me $30, how much do you think proper knife edging will cost?
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X