Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want weavez. Very noiiiice car. What are your future plans?
    M Coupe

Comment

Nice. Those weaves are definitely an improvement. I ran three caps for a week or so, too.

I bet I can get my head in that wheel gap though :p
      cars beep boop

Comment

A stock set of weaves allways makes a car look nice.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thats clean.

But about 3inches too high.

Comment

That's the way M10 cars roll.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

wow, I just went through this whole thread. Nice progress! The euro bumper changed the whole look of your car.
              BMWs: 73 2002 sold, 83 320is totaled, 90 325ic sold, 04 X3 2.5i sold, 00 323it
              Sveed: 82 Volvo 242 Turbo
              Jap: 01 Honda S2000, 95 Toyota Land Cruiser, 05 Subaru WRX STi

Comment

thanks for the compliments everybody. New job starts may 2nd. from that point on progress will move twice as fast

I can't wait for the rear euro bumper

Comment

Needz more M10 delete, get her low!
                  Originally posted by e30e
                  lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Wow much better then the bottlecaps.

Comment

I got a package in the mail today full of a bunch of little electrical connectors.

These connectors are for my heated mirror and the intensive wash.

I thought this connector was to going to be for the PS and TS pins on the intensive relay but it turned out to be the same connector as the heated mirror (good thing I ordered 4)

So I had lots of daylight and plenty of time so I decided to jump into the project.

I started at my intensive stalk. On the right you have my intensive stalk, and on the left you have the loom connecting to it. As you can see the intensive stalk has 6 wires and the loom has 4. That is the problem. So I need to run two wires that connect to the two extra wires at the intensive stalk, up to the fusebox and into the PS and TS pins. The project begins...

Here is the fusebox, to take off the top half you unscrew two screws on the bottom left and middle top (you can see them in the pic)

Take a peek.... Yikes! Spaghetti!

you can see the wire must be ran into this empty slot

In order to run the wires through the firewall you need to remove the entire fusebox to make room. just one hex screw.

Where you see the big loom of wires going into a rubber housing, pull the rubber housing out with your hands and you will have direct access inside the car! Just poke the wire through with your fingers

Then feed it through the bottom of the fusebox and out the middle

instead of ordering the connectors for the male and female parts for the connectors, I just cut the wires and used OEM connectors but bypassed the plug housings. The two black wires are the ones you want.

Finished

So now you have this (I ran them way neater after the pic was taken)

Now use the connector for the heated mirror on the side ran out the middle fusebox. Do this for both of them and stick it in the bottom of the fusebox in the right slot. The sketchy thing about this project, was which wire went to which pin? They were both black wires and I didn't know which went to PS and which went to TS. I Plugged them in the fusebox praying it would work and it did!

Here you see the provisions made to fit the intensive relay

Put the fusebox back together

So I have every wire needed to make the Headlamp Cleaning System/Intensive Wash work correctly. However, in the following videos you will notice two things. First of all, the driver's side headlight wiper is not working correctly, It needs to have the motor stripped and fixed which I will do another day. Second of all, when I press the intensive button (push stalk towards the steering wheel) the following should take place:

Intensive Cleaning Fluid is sprayed on the windscreen
                      Windshield wipers are activated
                      Cleaning Fluid is sprayed on the windscreen
                      Cleaning Fluid is sprayed on the headlights
                      Headlight wipers are activated

So I have every wire needed to make the Headlamp Cleaning System/Intensive Wash work correctly. In the following videos you will notice two things. First of all, the driver's side headlight wiper is not working correctly, It needs to have the motor stripped and fixed which I will do another day. Second of all, when I press the intensive button (push stalk towards the steering wheel) the following should take place:

Intensive Cleaning Fluid is sprayed on the windscreen
                      Windshield wipers are activated
                      Cleaning Fluid is sprayed on the headlights
                      Headlight wipers are activated

The system is fully functional! :)

Here are the videos:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Last edited by Japandrew73; 04-29-2009, 04:45 PM.

Comment

You really should get some heatshrink tubing for those crimp connections.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

As it turns out, I did have the Intensive Wash System working correctly. I though the process was:

Intensive Fluid Sprayed on windshield
                          Windscreen wipers are actuated
                          cleaning fluid is sprayed on windscreen
                          cleaning fluid is sprayed on headlights
                          headlight wipers are actuated

but the real process is

Intensive Fluid sprayed on windshield
                          windscreen wipers are actuated
                          cleaning fluid is sprayed on headlights
                          headlight wipers are actuated

and this is exactly what my system does. So my Headlamp Cleaning System/Intensive Wash works 100%! at least when I fix that passenger side faulty motor. I updated the previous post with the correct info.

Comment

Got two fun little parts today.

Got a Colored Lighted Key Head and an Original BMW Polishing Cloth.

The cloth has some rust spots on it but these cloths are very hard to find, and I figure I can salvage it. I hear if you soak the rust stains in lemon juice and then sprinkle salt on it and let it sit overnight it cleans it up nicely. We'll see what I can do to it.

Compared to my old one

More to come soon...

Comment

I took that polishing cloth and did some research over the internet. Apparently, soaking the rust spots with freshly-squeezed lemon juice, dabbing over them with a toothbrush, sprinkling salt over the soaked rust spots, leaving it out in the sun to dry, and then rinsing rag with cold water takes them right off! Props to my mom on this one. She recovered the cloth while I was at work. Came out looking brand new! Found the perfect way to fold it and it will be going in my large toolkit as soon as the tray comes in the mail.

Comment

im a fan of your ocdness

Comment

Working...
                                X