Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew, it's going to look great! This is exactly what I wanted to do with my car, and you are almost done!!!
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      Yeah. Check that other e30 site.
      yeah, teh other one. where the emo's hang out and buy mtech body kits for each other

Comment

I finished the toolkit yesterday, just had to wait for this morning for light so I wasn't snapping pics in the dark.
        Like I mentioned before, the combination pliers are as rare as the red screwdrivers. You can order one with the part number, but you will get one back that doesn't quite fit in the toolkit and isn't the right shape. So technically it's NLA. I got it and did a bit of rust repair and now it looks good as new to match all the other new tools in my kit.
        The trick to finding the real OEM combination pliers is they say HEYCO on the handles. Any others are reproductions that don't quite fit.

Ahhhh that's beautiful.

Comment

:up:

Comment

The tool kit is an absolute thing of beauty, along with the rest of the car. Amazing thread!

89 325i Alpine White

Comment

Picked it up from the shop today.... WOW! I was astonished. It's fucking beautiful. Keep in mind this is only primer. It came out just like I asked for it to be, especially neat around the 3 ribs at the bottom and the place where the M technic Sticker goes. The one thing I regret is asking him to leave the OEM stamp on the side of it, so he sanded and painted over it but whatever, It's still awesome!

In the next couple of days it will be wetsanded with 1500 grit to take off the orange peel. If you don't know what orange peel is, look it up. I'm not going to explain it. So after the orange peel from the primer is off, it will go to the paint shop. When back from the paint shop, the orange peel from the paint will be wetsanded off. Extra clear coat, or one of those invisible shield film things will be used. I hate how the invisible shields end half way up the hoods and you can see it end, but if it was used on the whole front spoiler, it's un-noticeable. We'll see though, I need to do some more research. This paint job will be nuts though. It's going to look good.

Comment

That thing looks so clean!!! Nice man! I am in the process or recovering my valance for my bumper swap.

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997
                anything you need I can find just shoot a PM

Comment

what is orange peel? Can you explain it to me? :razz:

Comment

Originally posted by Gnarles View Post
                    what is orange peel? Can you explain it to me? :razz:
                    need pictures of 'or enge peal' at multiple angles.

Originally posted by vlad
                    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

This is like the defeinitive what ia OEM bmw and what is not thread of the GAWDS.
                      Keep up the good work man.
                      BTW +1 on what etta325 asked...

Whats in Montery? Concours?
                      I would make it a point of going just to see this car fo sho!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                      DAMN ROAD TRIP!!!

Comment

I want to see this thing done. It looks so stellar ;).
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

For those who asked about Monterey...

Monterey is a huge event for concours cars.
                          List of attendees:
                          Attendees - Due to generous sponsorship from Liberty Mutual, BMW North America and BMW Car Club of America, club members wishing to attend as spectators may be admitted to the West Coast Summer Concours, Corral a...

Comment

That thing looks nice Andrew. Good work.

Comment

Orange peel= slightly bumpy surface on paint that resembles the peel of an orange.

There.

I think you used more words saying how you weren't going to explain it

Comment

Very small update, replaced the chrome buttons that hold the pop out windows in place. The old ones were pitted and faded. A nice little upgrade costing $13. I think it's worth it.

Old

New

I still have to sand and send the spoiler to the paint shop, but I'll have it sent off sometime this week. Should have it back, painted, and installed on my car but Saturday/Sunday if not early next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X