• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love it, just needs a different front valance, like a tech 1

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
      Or do you need to sell your rear euro bumper to me?
      Thats a negative!

Want to sell me your front bumper? :puppy:

Is your BBS kit for the euro turn signals like mine? Which plug housing did you use?

No idea yet since the kit is sitting in storage. I have this thing for buying rare/hard to find parts wether I can use it or not. As far as the BBS kit pictured above goes (or the rear euro bumper I have), I need to buy a early model (or two) for it to go on now. It will not work with a late model car... :(

Comment

^ so odd, euro stuff with side market lights in the bumpers?!
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Im so jealous of this build, I have a front euro bumper for my 318, although it isn't in nearly as nice of condition. The thing I don't really like though is the fact that the euro indicators aren't set up for running lights, I've been thinking of a way to make the indicators running lights as well. other than that I'm jealous of all your meticulous parts.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            ^ so odd, euro stuff with side market lights in the bumpers?!

Thats actually a US kit, but it uses the euro turn signal housings/lenses and the euro fog lights (that I picked up from you) in the front valence...

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              Im so jealous of this build, I have a front euro bumper for my 318, although it isn't in nearly as nice of condition. The thing I don't really like though is the fact that the euro indicators aren't set up for running lights, I've been thinking of a way to make the indicators running lights as well. other than that I'm jealous of all your meticulous parts.
              well during my build I learned this, When going from diving boards to euro bumpers if you use the blue and brown wires they only go on for turn indicators, if you wire in the grey/white and brown wires, they will only be running lights and won't be turn indicators. You can choose one or the other but not both without heavy modification.

Comment

Is there a "euro" front valence that doesn't have the 5-fist size holes on either side just below the front bumper? Or are euro cars also like that from factory?

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
                  Is there a "euro" front valence that doesn't have the 5-fist size holes on either side just below the front bumper? Or are euro cars also like that from factory?
                  the reason there is a hole in mine now is because it has a US valence on it. the euro valence does not have that

Comment

You can choose one or the other but not both without heavy modification.
                    Au contraire... I have researched a solution, but haven't had the chance to check if it actually works. Will post details when I have an hour free to throw together a test circuit.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Yes, euro valance like this here:

Andrew, sorry for hi-jacking :)

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Andrew, sorry for hi-jacking :)
                        No worries. your car is inspiration!

Au contraire... I have researched a solution, but haven't had the chance to check if it actually works. Will post details when I have an hour free to throw together a test circuit.
                        sounds interesting and will help for a lot of people but i'm going full euro and having them function the way they're supposed to

Comment

We don't need to have those HUGE side marker lights like in the USA... they have to Federalize their cars... no matter what age.... in Canada, after 15 years, a car will come in how it was originally produced....

I hate when people in the USA state that they have a " Euro " car.... ( no offense... ) after it's been federalized, it's been changed and isn't Euro in my opinion....

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            I've also got a circuit in mind to keep the front indicator lights ON while driving and blink when turn signals are on, but haven't tested it yet. Is this what you have in mind too or something else?

I was wondering if euro cars don't need to have the front indicator lights ON at all times and just use the fender lights? But I am not sure...

Comment

...but i'm going full euro...
                              Man, everyone knows, you NEVER GO FULL EURO!

Comment

I've also got a circuit in mind to keep the front indicator lights ON while driving and blink when turn signals are on, but haven't tested it yet. Is this what you have in mind too or something else?

I was wondering if euro cars don't need to have the front indicator lights ON at all times and just use the fender lights? But I am not sure...
                                Well, the way actual euro cars are wired, they have city lights in the ellipsoid housings. The front indicators are just indicators. However, I don't have ellipsoids, housings, or city lights there. I was planning on having it work by blinking -off- if it's on, and blinking -on- of it's off. Because, you know, blinking is blinking.

So, with interior/city lights on, turn signal would look like this from outside:

-on----------------off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on----------------

and with interior/city lights off,

-off----------------on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off---------------

This is fairly simple to do, as all you have to do is XOR (exclusive OR) the two light inputs at the plug. Apparently, you can use a two-pole relay as a XOR gate. That's as far as I got before forgetting about it for a while. I think we might have drawn diagrams at each other, too.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X