Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japandrew73's OEM Euro Restore

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
    ...Thanks dad, but I actually have never used my Passenger side mirror once in my life...
    You're either full of shit, or a dangerous driver.

    Comment


      Ok you guys can warn me all you want but in the end it's my car. If i wanna kill myself by not having a passenger side mirror, let me.

      And you can call my car federalized, unfederalized it really doesn't matter. I have no clue what it is and frankly don't care. I'd really appreciate it if you quit shitting on my thread.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
        Ok you guys can warn me all you want but in the end it's my car. If i wanna kill myself by not having a passenger side mirror, let me.

        And you can call my car federalized, unfederalized it really doesn't matter. I have no clue what it is and frankly don't care. I'd really appreciate it if you quit shitting on my thread.
        Just trying to help you not sound like such a fool.
        Like when an e36 owner tells me his car has a V6....
        Below the radar...

        Comment


          I think they de-federalized your car by putting an M10 in it.

          Get a passenger side mirror so you don't kill anyone.
          - Trey

          E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

          Comment


            It's very easy to drive without the pass side mirror. People have been doing it for years.

            1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

            Comment


              Originally Posted by punnzzells
              I hate when people in the USA state that they have a " Euro " car.... ( no offense... ) after it's been federalized, it's been changed and isn't Euro in my opinion....
              Huh? So my euro 635CSi isn't euro because it had sidemarkers and a cat added to it? That is some flawed logic. It is fair to say that Japandrew's car is not euro and never will truly be since it actually is a US spec car, but cars that were built for the German and ROW markets and were imported to the US are still euro no matter who you ask.

              Back on topic, the car is coming along nicely!
              1966 230SL /// 1983 635CSi /// 1988 M5 /// 1989 951 /// 1995 M3

              Comment


                It's very easy to drive without the pass side mirror. People have been doing it for years.
                Ya i got all the info and idea from your thread

                Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                Huh? So my euro 635CSi isn't euro because it had sidemarkers and a cat added to it? That is some flawed logic. It is fair to say that Japandrew's car is not euro and never will truly be since it actually is a US spec car, but cars that were built for the German and ROW markets and were imported to the US are still euro no matter who you ask.

                Back on topic, the car is coming along nicely!
                Thanks for sticking to topic and for the compliment

                Comment


                  Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                  Huh? So my euro 635CSi isn't euro because it had sidemarkers and a cat added to it? That is some flawed logic. It is fair to say that Japandrew's car is not euro and never will truly be since it actually is a US spec car, but cars that were built for the German and ROW markets and were imported to the US are still euro no matter who you ask.

                  Back on topic, the car is coming along nicely!
                  Great, you can compare an apple to an orange.

                  Your 635CSi is a euro grey market(?) import... thusly, still a "euro" car built for the european market and then imported to the USA.

                  Japandrew's car is a US Spec car, built solely for the sale in the USA. Therefore, it's not a "euro" spec car. He can convert it to "euro" specifications however.
                  Below the radar...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                    He can convert it to "euro" specifications however.
                    Which is what I'm doing... I've never claimed my car is a true european spec car, but that's what i'm striving to make it.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                      Which is what I'm doing... I've never claimed my car is a true european spec car, but that's what i'm striving to make it.
                      Here is where you let your wording and excitement get ahead of you.

                      Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                      ok guys, sorry to hijack your hijack, but no threadjacking :D

                      and my car isn't federalized.


                      :giggle::mrgreen:
                      Below the radar...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                        Great, you can compare an apple to an orange.

                        Your 635CSi is a euro grey market(?) import... thusly, still a "euro" car built for the european market and then imported to the USA.

                        Japandrew's car is a US Spec car, built solely for the sale in the USA. Therefore, it's not a "euro" spec car. He can convert it to "euro" specifications however.
                        Where did I say anything to suggest that I would consider his car to be of european specification? I was making a distinction along the same exact lines of what you just said.

                        Hang on, allow me to quote myself just in case you missed it:

                        It is fair to say that Japandrew's car is not euro and never will truly be since it actually is a US spec car
                        1966 230SL /// 1983 635CSi /// 1988 M5 /// 1989 951 /// 1995 M3

                        Comment


                          this is like politics... you could argue forever. how about we drop it?

                          Comment


                            All E30s were built in Germany and shipped to the US. Therefore we all have euro-spec cars with US add-ons. :drink:

                            Japandrew Your car is still federalized buddy, just more and more illegal. Just like the rest of ours with euro trim and Euro plates.

                            Good build so far though. Any plans for engine work?

                            1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

                            Comment


                              So I was fixing a small issue with the headlight wipers and when while I was working on it i figured I'd fix the slack on my headlight wires. There was about 2 feet of wire just coiled up making the area look messy so I cut the wires to fit perfectly and found this. From the factory headlight wiring harness that came on my car, there was not two but 3 wires. There was yellow (power), brown (ground) and white with a black stripe. I have no idea what the white with black stripe wire was. I just left it out, but does anybody know what it is? could it have anything to do with the city lights in my ellipsoids? I'd post pics but it's kind of self-explanatory...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                                So I was fixing a small issue with the headlight wipers and when while I was working on it i figured I'd fix the slack on my headlight wires. There was about 2 feet of wire just coiled up making the area look messy so I cut the wires to fit perfectly and found this. From the factory headlight wiring harness that came on my car, there was not two but 3 wires. There was yellow (power), brown (ground) and white with a black stripe. I have no idea what the white with black stripe wire was. I just left it out, but does anybody know what it is? could it have anything to do with the city lights in my ellipsoids? I'd post pics but it's kind of self-explanatory...
                                You car came with sealed beams originally.
                                The white/black wire is the high beam trigger that sends power to both the "high beam" element in the sealed beam low beam, and the high beam.
                                It has nothing to do with city lights.
                                Below the radar...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X