Where there was one, now there are two.... a M42 318i for the boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Now finished with the gaskets glued on, these look really nice for the money. $32 for the lenses shipped from Russia, and another $25 for a tube of 3M windoweld, of which you need about 2% of lol.

What did you use to paint the inside section of the glass (the grey/metalic part), as they came fully clear when you received them?
    Looks great!
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post

What did you use to paint the inside section of the glass (the grey/metalic part), as they came fully clear when you received them?
      Looks great!
      Rustoleum flat soft iron, a can my wife had laying around from some project. Color was just about perfect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	020066229825.jpg?size=xl.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	9886003

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        Now finished with the gaskets glued on, these look really nice for the money. $32 for the lenses shipped from Russia, and another $25 for a tube of 3M windoweld, of which you need about 2% of lol.
        The 3M windowweld is a great "filler' to make OEM Solid rubber rear subframe bushings. If you want to use some of that on a new set of subframe bushings I will buy those from you.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well this car was kind of short lived I guess.

In my ownership it got a full and thorough once over and was pulled from the brink of junking, and became legitimately a nice car to drive. Between me and my co workers that stole it constantly we put 744 miles on it.

A client saw the car about two months ago and had been pretty keen on getting it away from me but I just really didn't want to sell it knowing how well sorted out it was. Push come to shove another one of his vehicles was in for service and he saw it again finished up and freshly washed....

We talked about price and I finished up a few details before sending it off to him. I installed new leather boots from Greer, recovered the torn drivers seat with a minty passenger seats upholstery, and swapped out the cracked H1/H4's for a minty set.

Long story short I ended up agreeing to sell it for his $7k offer and he is super happy with the car.

Comment

So, what is the boy going to drive now?
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I'm taking ownership of a 2009 328i that was abandoned at the shop by a client over a year ago, I'm going to fix that up for him for now.

Comment

i'd be interested in what you think about e90s. My brother just bought a rare M sport wagon, now i kinda want to find a 328i manual (especially a slicktop) instead of the e46s i've got my eye on...
                My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                  i'd be interested in what you think about e90s. My brother just bought a rare M sport wagon, now i kinda want to find a 328i manual (especially a slicktop) instead of the e46s i've got my eye on...
                  I'm no stranger to E90's as several pass through the shop a day where I work. My biggest gripes with the chassis, outside the generally unattractive body lines is with the ownership base. The overwhelming majority of "normal" owner of these vehicles by far and large cannot afford and are completely and woefully unprepared for the cost of ownership associated with the vehicle outside of the 7 year note @ 24% and the car insurance on the clapped out high mileage car chock full of deferred maintenance they failed to account for when making the determination as to whether of not they could afford the car.

Given proper attention these are good and or reliable cars, however that attention seems to be far and few between in my experience and this particular car is surely no exception. A brief 10 minute inspection of the car on the rack Sunday left me with a parts list of about $2300 (wholesale cost) of items in need of attention before use as a daily driver would possibility be considered. This really sticks to pure mechanical repairs and maintenance, and nothing cosmetics wise except a new hood roundel.

All said and done I think I'll be in this car around $4k, and leave the kid with something much newer, safer and while not nearly as fun to drive as the E30... those things are more important I think. Besides, with the left over money I can do other things.

Comment

Well that stinks. lol Well, in the end, new happy e30 owner....boy gets newer/safer car....and you get some moola, can't say I wouldn't have done the same.

......til your next project.
                    ------------------------------------------------------
                    1982 528e - Sold
                    1987 325e - Totalled
                    1990 325is - Sold
                    1997 540i6 - Sold
                    1991 325ic - Sold
                    2013 335i - Sold
                    2005 X5 - Daily
                    1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

The new owner lives pretty close to me, so I'm certain I'll still see the car when it needs any work done so that is nice.

Comment

Reading this thread from the start, reminds me of movies where the main character dies.
                        1990 325i
                        2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                          I have a 6 speed manual e91. It has been a great car outside of the water pump failing right at 70k miles. I feel with standard maintenance and a little bit of knowing how to work on these cars you should be good to go. I love ours, but i will say the clutch and manual gearbox are less than amazing compared to other cars i've driven.

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                            Reading this thread from the start, reminds me of movies where the main character dies.
                            I was thinking that the badass retires and becomes a married man with kids... hangs up the old life haha
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I was thinking that the badass retires and becomes a married man with kids... hangs up the old life haha
                              Thought of that too afterwards. But, the thing with that is, you end up with movie sequels.
                              1990 325i
                              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X