No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on deleting the following items from my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not uncommon to disconnect the evap canister so it's not operational especially with a standalone ECU. if its there and there is nothing wrong just leave it be IMO.

also you don't delete the bitch tube as it wont do what you think it will. if you want to stop oil getting into the intake you delete the valve cover to TB hose and block the TB. then you run the VC hose to a catch can with a breather on the end.

this wont save you any money or weight
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Everyone carries on about this "bitch tube". The o'rings go bad after 30yrs. replace them once and you get another 30yrs. Get it done and forget about it.

Do whatever you want to your car, but BMW knew what they were doing. The key to keeping a modified car reliable and enjoyable is keeping it as close to oem as possible. Deleting pipes and components from the engine bay for no good reason is a recipe for engines that never quite run right. Aftermarket ECU is a different story because you have 100x more control so deleting things can be accounted for and as mentioned are often advisable. But i don't think we are quite there yet on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        Everyone carries on about this "bitch tube". The o'rings go bad after 30yrs. replace them once and you get another 30yrs. Get it done and forget about it.
        True - I've never really understood that one either & didn't find it that difficult to replace the o'rings on mine when I did it years ago.

With the rear part of the console - note that the carpet doesn't have an integrated boot for the handbrake like an e21, and the back of the section near the shifter has slots cut into it for the back part to fit into so just removing the rear section of the console won't give you the neat look the e21 had.

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
        X