Bitcoin Millionaires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin Millionaires?

Back in 2011 or 2012 this Off Topic Forum was the first time I stumbled upon Bitcoin. There was a ton of hype in here about it if I remember correctly. The process was too complicated & burdensome for me back then to buy some (what a dumbass). I can kick myself for not jumping in back then but who's to say how long I would've held it....probably would've paperhanded it back then for a set of RS's lol. Anyway, anyone in here become a millionaire from Bitcoin from back in the day? Fast forward to today, there's thousands of crypto's out there and I'm currently diversified in a couple of them. One in particular I really have faith in and hope it takes off in the next 3-5 years. I'm not going to shill it but it's Safemoon, do your own due diligence obviously.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

I feel like a dumbass too who shoulda/coulda/woulda back then too.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Long before that I knew about it and had a computer capable of mining it in those early days. People who did that way back when and held onto it are laughing at the world now.
      "Dolphins aren't so smart, they can't even engineer an E-diff"

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the coulda, woulda, shoulda camp too. but that's ok, with the huge swings, I probably would have lost all of my hair holding this long. I have been investing in regular stuff for a long time though - not a millionaire, but doing just fine playing the long game. :)
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I recently got a couple crypto accounts (also keep a hard wallet) just to fool with it. One of my buddies a few years ago was heavy into it and made some money in it. So far, it’s been so volatile I wouldn’t dare play with money your not willing to lose. Luckily, like Nando, I hooked up with a good money manager years ago and I’m set for retirement. But it’s still fun to play with the sh*tCoin market. 😆😆😆😢 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I turned down 285.00 bitcoins roughly in 2013, the customer wanted to pay for a messenger bag in Bitcoin but I turned it down for cash instead. New business and I needed cash since I was hurting from buying leather and giving away product. Fast forward to now and I would be insanely rich, it is a mistake in hindsight but at the time I was trying to just make it. Good news is my company is very good now but nothing compared to the amount I would have made off that Bitcoin. At the time it was next to worthless.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Not from Bitcoin, but a friend of mine sold a successful building business and used the cash to buy into Tesla in May 2019 when their shares dropped to around $37, sold at the top back in January when they hit close to $800. I thought he was mad a the time (drinking the Elon coolaide), but he's now a multi-millionaire... and a lot more diversified with his investments!
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Missed the bitcoin train as well.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

A few months ago I unboxed a knife in csgo, sold it for a little over $300, and decided to experiment with crypto so I bought ~$200 worth of bitcoin, etherium, and ada, can't even remember exactly how much. I made money for about two days and then everything crashed, lol. The good news is that everything seems to be rebounding so I'm crossing my fingers I'll at least break even. Definitely wishing I had been courageous enough to reinvest in bitcoin when it dipped to ~$20,000, now it's back up over $45,000. Crazy. Also wishing I'd started mined etherium with my 1070 back in 2016, at least during the cold months.
                  My Feedback

Comment

i started getting into the crypto and the stock market during the pandemic. Since the pandemic my son son has no school and i cant bring him into the shop with me(anymore). So i taught myself about the market and made a circle of friends and people that do it as well and made a second hustle doing it. You make money when the market is up, and when its down. They dont teach you that at school. Advice to anyone thats interested in doing it, its better than a 2% savings account if your in it for the long run if you believe in fundamentals( gold,resources,etc.,) the quick moneys will pull your hair.

Comment

Not a Bitcoin millionaire (yet), but I hold an enviable amount. Also way more Ethereum and Dogecoin (I’m in the top few percentages of holders for all three) as well as millions of certain shitcoins.

Once I get rich off the upcoming bull run, I’m either going to buy a super nice E30 or send mine to a shop for a rebuild.
                      1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                      1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

I'm trying to trade with cryptocurrencies too, actually. Started with Ethereum and created a MetaMask wallet. Hoping to make some good money from it!
                        Last edited by Digitalwave; 07-26-2023, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by savannasanders View Post
                          I'm trying to trade with cryptocurrencies too, actually. Started with Ethereum and created an ownrwallet. Hoping to make some good money from it!
                          You want to make some good money from making a Metamask wallet? Oh, that would be interesting to watch. I believe that if one wants to make some profit in crypto they should do a bit more actions than that.
                          Last edited by Jack Bellum; 09-04-2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
                            Not a Bitcoin millionaire (yet), but I hold an enviable amount. Also way more Ethereum and Dogecoin (I’m in the top few percentages of holders for all three) as well as millions of certain shitcoins.

Once I get rich off the upcoming bull run, I’m either going to buy a super nice E30 or send mine to a shop for a rebuild.
                            It's been almost two years. How did you make out? The peanut gallery is curious to know.

Coffeezilla is great on YT. He has me convinced that crypto is nothing but a massive, unregulated, scam.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                              Coffeezilla is great on YT. He has me convinced that crypto is nothing but a massive, unregulated, scam.

qft
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                              X