Any R53 experts here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FredK
    replied
    What is your DD, anyway?

    An S5x E30 really puts the focus on the shortcomings of a DD. Like, I am so unmotivated to work on my E36 now. Hahaha.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    started a topic Any R53 experts here?

    Any R53 experts here?

    Basically my junk DD is going to need to be replaced soon and the E30 is ending up way too focused to want to daily everyday. I had considered finding a nice E30 to make a clean DD out of, but I'd really like something different.

    It seems as though early model Cooper S's are coming down into a reasonable price for decent mileage, good condition cars. Not to mention good gas mileage, but still fun to drive, for my ~48 mile round trip commute.

    What are the common problems? Are parts outrageous? Are they durable/reliable? etc etc, what do you know about them?
Working...