Value of guitar stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of guitar stuff?

Im trying to sell a 79 camaro, and someone offered me a ton of guitar stuff and $500. If Its worth something I would plan on trading then selling it all right away. The camaro is worth $2200, imho. I dont know much about the stuff, I could be getting hustled. :???:

Heres what he sent me-

music gear is as follows:
    > sunn cab w a 12 inch speaker.
    > hartke cab w 4 8 inch speakers
    > marshall cab head
    > i have a 60's gold top les paul that is worth A LOT of money. and in pretty good condition for its age
    > a jackson kelly thats worth around a thousand
    > a maple premier drum set that was worth around 2,000 in the early 90's
    and is in pristine condition and would be worth around 4,000 now/ the
    sizes are 18x22 inch bass drum. 7x14 inch snare. 12x12 inch tom. 13x13
    inch tom. 16x16 inch tom. it has a black wrap.
    > a fender acoustic worth around 800
    > an ibanez acoustic worth around 400
    > an applause bass worth about 300
    > jekyll and hyde distortion/overdrive pedal
    > H2O chorus/echo pedal
    > heil talk box
    > dunlop crybaby GCB-95
    > dunclop crybaby 535Q multi wah
    > sabian paragon 16 inch crash
    > zildjain A custom hi hats
    > zildjian A rock crash 18 inch
    > wuhan 12 inch china
    > istanbul 20 inch ride
    > dw 4000 double pedal
    > iron cobra bass drum pedal
    > a guitar rack that can hold up to 5 guitars

I would do it in a second. If that Les Paul really is in good condition, it's definitely worth more than the car all by itself.
    Jason

Comment

Originally posted by MoparJ View Post
      I would do it in a second. If that Les Paul really is in good condition, it's definitely worth more than the car all by itself.
      Exactly.
      -Erik
      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

I'll give you money for the LP if you do it.

The prices he is giving you on the acoustics are inflated. The kelly is probably worth around 500 at best, unless it is pristine. The marshall head is ~300, cabs are 200 each at most. Not sure at all about drums, but drum kit prices usually go down, not up.

Overall, that is a ton of stuff and I would worry about selling it all if you don't know much about it.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Hes taking some pictures of it all tomorrow, it still seems too good to be true. I could probably just throw it all up on ebay and on here.

Comment

I'm interested in the Zildjian A crash and A custom Hi hats, as well as the DW double bass pedal

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
            sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Originally posted by Red88 View Post
              I'm interested in the Zildjian A crash and A custom Hi hats, as well as the DW double bass pedal
              If he decides to trade, you got first dibs.

Comment

Good maple drum sets are worth more and more. You really cant get that sound any other way and it's just so expensive to buy a brand new maple set. Thats a steal bro, definatley worth it!

Les Paul just passed away also, fyi. Probably doesn't change the value of the Les Paul guitars too much but he is a legend.

Build, break, repair, repeat.
                91 300zx TT
                03 540i Msport
                91 318is track
                89 Isuzu Imark/lotus 24hr Lemons car

Originally posted by george graves
                R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

Comment

is it just me or does it kinda seem like the guy had a music shop that went under. Either way there is a bunch of valuable stuffs in there.

I have a related question for you guitar guru's. Apparently my mom was friends with some Steve Vai. I know he's co designer for Jem, but I'm not sure he was making his own guitars at that point. Anyway he makes this mini guitar for himself, it's about 30". At the same time he made an exact duplicate for my then unborn older brother. It says a jem for chris on the top, think it's worth anything?

Comment

Originally posted by HiTheNameIsBJ View Post
                    is it just me or does it kinda seem like the guy had a music shop that went under. Either way there is a bunch of valuable stuffs in there.

I have a related question for you guitar guru's. Apparently my mom was friends with some Steve Vai. I know he's co designer for Jem, but I'm not sure he was making his own guitars at that point. Anyway he makes this mini guitar for himself, it's about 30". At the same time he made an exact duplicate for my then unborn older brother. It says a jem for chris on the top, think it's worth anything?
                    Yeah.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

I messed up editing that, I was going to say that my mom was friends with some guy who designed guitars for steve vai. Then I remembered his name, Joe Satriani, she grew up with him, and he later introduced my mom to steve. The two of them design the Jem line, but I don't really know which one of them made the guitar.

I'll dig it out tomorrow and take a picture, and make a specific thread, I don't wanna completely highjack.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        I'll give you money for the LP if you do it.
                        Convince me to sell mine

Comment

When it seems to good to be true...it usually is! Ebay is easily the SHADIEST place to buy or sell now-a-days. Why would this guy make a trade of all of this stuff if the Les Paul would be worth more than the car on its own.

THINK about it. It makes no sense, he could just sell the stuff himself and buy a car with cash.

ABORT
                          tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                            When it seems to good to be true...it usually is! Ebay is easily the SHADIEST place to buy or sell now-a-days. Why would this guy make a trade of all of this stuff if the Les Paul would be worth more than the car on its own.

THINK about it. It makes no sense, he could just sell the stuff himself and buy a car with cash.

ABORT
                            +1 you don't even know if the stuff is legit with out getting the serial numbers.
                            84 318I Delphin RIP
                            87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

if its too good to be true, it usually is.

i learned that the hard way

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                              And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Working...
                              X