Ingersoll Rand IQv battery question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingersoll Rand IQv battery question

I have an IR W360 impact, a 19.2v drill and one 19.2 LI battery, I was not paying attention and just bought an R380 3/4" ratchet which is 14.4 volts.

It works with my 19.2 battery, does anyone know if for short bursts I can use the 19.2? There is no burning smell and it does not heat up.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Higher voltage = lower current demands

you might be OK.

I have an ancient 9V makita I run on car batteries. It runs really fast, has tons of torque...but it sure smells bad.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I figured since it runs and does not smell it should be ok.

It will only be running for at most 30 second bursts.

Thanks Luke!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
        I figured since it runs and does not smell it should be ok.
        Said the same thing about the last girl I dated.

Boy was I wrong.
        "Our mother of blessed acceleration don't fail me now."

Comment

Originally posted by ThePotsy View Post
          Said the same thing about the last girl I dated.

Boy was I wrong.
          Not really equivalent scenarios, rule of thumb girls that have the runs (from any orifice) not so good for sex .

Comment

I wouldn't do it. Chances are you'll mess up your expensive tool in the long run. Or call IR customer service and ask them. DeWalt FTW!!!1!

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

I have not had good experiences with Dewalt.

Comment

Originally posted by JMil86 View Post
                DeWalt FTW!!!1!

Not any more DeWalt has been bought out by Black and Decker about 3 years ago. Now even the XRP line is shit compared to what it used to be

Now its down to just Milwaukee and Mikita
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

I am, sadly, phasing out DeWalt after more than 15 years of use.

My trusty XRP 12V is dying.

I am gonna go small and light for normal use, like the Milwaukee 12V, then back to old fashioned electric for bigger 1/2" stuff.

B&D bought DeWalt over 10 years ago, BTW.

I will not miss that heavy sumbitch!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

was it that long ago. I could have sworn it was more recent than that. Oh well either way the quality has gone to shit in the last 3-5 years
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Hilti FTW
                      Second choice would be mikita.
                      Its been atleast 9 years since dewalt was bought out
                      84 318I Delphin RIP
                      87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                      89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Mikita is awesome, so is Milwaukee every tool from them we have is really nice to use, but we only have plug ins, no cordless.I use the DeWalt 18v Lithium Ion Impact every day I'm at work, I like it, usually only needs to charge over night and it lasts all day. But then again, I only use it for sheet metal screws, and occasionally a few 3/8 bolt, so for my purposes I really like DeWalt, plus they last a really long time, we have some that look like they are about 20 years old. Bosch roto-hammers are teh best!

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

I have a hitachi chordless impact. I don't know how I lived without it before.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What I wanna check out is Metabo.

Supposed to be the best in the world, dunno.

Never ever even seen one piece.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                              Hilti FTW
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X