Should I buy a miata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I buy a miata?

My friend at work has a 91 miata he wants to sell for $900 bucks. It has a dented hood and overheats, I asked if it had a bad headgasket and he said no. anyone here ever own one? How does it compare to an e30?

Do you like musicals? :p
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I have gotten to drive my friends miata(98') its a hell of alot of fun. Great little cars.

Not sure mechanically

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

Yes. It'll give us Cabrio owner's someone to call Gay.
        sigpic
        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
        Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          Do you like musicals? :p
          Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
          Yes. It'll give us Cabrio owner's someone to call Gay.
          Haha that's what I said when I was 16 and drove a camaro.

Comment

A lot of E30 owners have jumped to Miata's and vice versa. They're light with tons of aftermarket parts for them that cost less than BMW. With some work they look like a modern sports car. I sort of did the same thing when I sold my 88 iS for an 88 CRX Si B16 swap. At 2100lbs and 180HP, it was a lot of fun to drive. I ultimately sold it because it was too small/unsafe and drew way too much attention. I don't know if you guys remember Adam88iS but he sold his M3 and is now into Miata's.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Haha my auto shop teacher has 14 of them, 5 are Spec miata prepped. I would say they are pretty comparable to e30s, but PLEASE you must have a hardtop!!! But $900 for a 91 with problems isn't a good deal.

Comment

Go for it. As much as it will offend the nut-swinging waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless on this board, they're a substantially better car than an E30, and have a great suspension set-up and chassis. Tons of fun, and they can take as much abuse as you can give. I've had 5 of them. I'll have another I'm sure.

Comment

^homo
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Sure. I got a chance to drive a MazdaSpeed Miata last year. Hell of a fun little car.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by cagedbunny View Post
                      Go for it. As much as it will offend the nut-swinging waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless on this board, they're a substantially better car than an E30, and have a great suspension set-up and chassis. Tons of fun, and they can take as much abuse as you can give. I've had 5 of them. I'll have another I'm sure.

nothing says "i love the pole" like a miata
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

op do you like blunts dick in your ass????

If so buy a miata
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Great cars. Get it for sure.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Everyone gives them shit for being gay. But are pretty fun cars and can be made to be bat shit fast.
                            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

wow. people the miata is the japanese e30. be open minded here; a clean miata can be had for cheaper than an e30, easier if not the same to work on, and more power potential for cheaper cost. and most important, rwd.

i personally dont care what people do as long as its done right. well executed and clean.

so mr. verdier, i say go for it. fuck the haters.
                              My feedback:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                              @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Working...
                              X