Aleinware PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aleinware PC

Anyone ever use an Alienware PC? Are they worth the price or should I end up with a Dell XPS for gaming and home use purposes?

Not worth the price.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

didn't dell buy alienware a few years ago?
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

dell acquired alienware in 2006 but they've been keeping the product lines separate.
        '12 F30 328i Sport Line
        '91 SpecE30 #523
        '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

alienware is overrated. if you want a good computer, find someone to build one for you. it'll cost less and be more powerful per your budget.

Comment

anthony, i'm not sure what your budget is but this thing looks cool. currently not available though :roll:

1991 330is

Comment

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Alienware is not worth it at all. Dell XPS isn't terrible, a little over $1000 gets you a good machine with a 22" monitor. The Acer Predator is awesome and it is currently available, $999 from Tiger Direct but it doesn't include a monitor. I always build my machines, I'd definitely recommend that. Even if you have never done it, it isn't hard at all. There is a ton of people on this site alone that could help you along if you choose to do that. Establishing a budget should be your first course of action, it can get out of hand if you don't.
                sigpic

Comment

I used to build my own PCs. if you have the time to do it and research all your parts, it's definitely the way to go. But eventually, they became appliances and I stopped caring. So I bought a Dell, plugged it in and never touched it again. Except now it's dying so I need a new one again.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    I used to build my own PCs. if you have the time to do it and research all your parts, it's definitely the way to go. But eventually, they became appliances and I stopped caring. So I bought a Dell, plugged it in and never touched it again. Except now it's dying so I need a new one again.
                    Same here.

I went the easy Dell route in 2001 and have not looked back. Used to build them, but never again.
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

I built mine myself. saved money, got to work with my hands, and it was fun!

Comment

thanks for all the replies...

my AMD 2100 XP is slowing down and need to upgrade soon :o

Comment

total fucking rip off. I used to make money when I was younger buy building comparable or better systems with 1/4 to 1/3 the hardware costs.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
                            thanks for all the replies...

my AMD 2100 XP is slowing down and need to upgrade soon :o
                            I've been building my comps ever since I had the money to spend. I spent $1015 on my latest rig and absolutely love it.

Let me know if you want me to email you the setup I purchased.
                            Last edited by dude8383; 09-29-2009, 01:54 PM.
                            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Yeah build your own. It's much cheaper and not all that difficult. Plus you get exactly what you want. Just do your research.
                              Originally posted by LJ851
                              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X