No announcement yet.

The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in. Great shape, only need are valve cover gaskets and front control arm bushings. I'm soooo tempted to spend all my money

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
      Hell yeah! Go ahead, it's a very good price if the car/drivetrain is in good shape.

+1 just be sure he has all the maintenance records and if all checks out then thats deff a good price.
      good luck
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

PPI before you go spending all your pennies, then if it checks out enjoy you only live once.

Comment

Just for general/random comparison....

Again, it's a great price if the car is overall good condition and require minnor repairs.
          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
            OK R3v so what if you were offered a 1995 993 C2 GP white on grey, mostly stock with the exception of billy coilovers and a fabspeed exhaust. Very very clean with 75K for 29K would you think this is a good deal for a 993?
            as someone who just bought a 993 - make sure it is mechanically sound before you go buying it. the cost of a good PPI will save you more than you spend on it in the long run.

if it checks out, seems like a fair price to me.

Comment

Its very sound, i am now at a toss up between a 996 c4s and the 993. both are great in their own right, the 993 is just classic p-car as the c4s is a bit more refined etc

Comment

If you buy, you must post photos! This is making me very jealous.

-'87 325 - ratbox swap http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...77#post3250277 << Check out my Wanted thread

Comment

Its very sound, i am now at a toss up between a 996 c4s and the 993. both are great in their own right, the 993 is just classic p-car as the c4s is a bit more refined etc
                  996es are lame. 993 or 997+.
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                  2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                  1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                  1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                  - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                  1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                  Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                    996es are lame. 993 or 997+.

This.../
                    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Turbo prices aren't much more than the c4s, if you get bored of the power the turbo can be modded very easily to get some big gains, n/a Porsches cannot.

I've owned my 996 turbo for a few years, it's definitely not lame, generally people don't like it because they prefer the front end of the 993 or 997 or theair cooled aspect of the 993 but 996 prices reflect that, test drive a turbo, then a n/a 993 or 997, I bet a buck you get the turbo.
                      1987 325ic
                      2001 996tt
                      2000 996c2 vert
                      2008 b7 s4
                      2008 ml550

Comment

Yea Buzztt Turbos only seem to be 3-4K more than c4s, I dont mind 996 looks, the interior is a bit meh but I can get over it. I ripped the 993 past 140 and it took far too long for my liking to get it there (remember I have a 500hp E30) but the sound and the overall backrods driving pleasure makes up for it a bit. I do need to drive a turbo 996 to get it out of my system, I have driven base 996's and they are ok but not great. My thinking on the 993 is for the "friend" price I am getting it for I can probably drive it for a year or 2 and if I need/want to unload I will not loose money and possibly make a few bucks.

Comment

Yea Buzztt Turbos only seem to be 3-4K more than c4s, I dont mind 996 looks, the interior is a bit meh but I can get over it. I ripped the 993 past 140 and it took far too long for my liking to get it there (remember I have a 500hp E30) but the sound and the overall backrods driving pleasure makes up for it a bit. I do need to drive a turbo 996 to get it out of my system, I have driven base 996's and they are ok but not great. My thinking on the 993 is for the "friend" price I am getting it for I can probably drive it for a year or 2 and if I need/want to unload I will not loose money and possibly make a few bucks.
                          The turbo is like a totally different car to the n/a (i have both and love both equally) but the turbo with a few mods is pretty insane, mine is about 520 to the wheels but feels like a lot more.

If you're getting a great deal on the 993 then that makes the decision pretty easy, drive it and love it, if you ever get bored of it sell and get your money back or make a profit, win.

I'm quietly looking for a nice 993 but the 997 c2s keeps getting my attention, I need to drive the c2s to get it out of my system, I think I'll be disappointed and it will push me towards the 993. I also keep getting side tracked by e46 m3's, i had one in 06 and miss it.
                          1987 325ic
                          2001 996tt
                          2000 996c2 vert
                          2008 b7 s4
                          2008 ml550

Comment

Yeah have had tons of Bmw's so I am poised to move on. Actually looking at striking a fairly nice deal on a highly optioned c4s for a bit less than the 993. It's tough, if I need speed I have the Alpina, so a all around great experience is what I would like, that and some killer hips.. Damn I love hips

Comment

You really can't beat the look of the rear end of a wide body Porsche
                              1987 325ic
                              2001 996tt
                              2000 996c2 vert
                              2008 b7 s4
                              2008 ml550

Comment

Being porsche seats suck for the most part anyway, I decided to switch them out for a pair of recaros sportster cs, possibly the best money I have spent on the car so far, really transformed it, interior looks much more modern now and they are the nicest seats I've ever sat in, really happy with them.

1987 325ic
                                2001 996tt
                                2000 996c2 vert
                                2008 b7 s4
                                2008 ml550

Comment

Working...
                                X