The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
    Uh, no. That's gross oversemplification at best.
    Oh really, so A91 is not wet sump like M96/7 is not wet sump, right?

Please tell us where the separate oil tank is on this new amazingly reliable A91 block that PAG is not racing?

Which block is PAG currently using in the RSR?

Oh that's right, the M64, which is now only available on the 997.2 GT3 and GT3RS.

The Turbo is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by junker87 View Post
      The Turbo is dead.
      :-|:eeek::tsk::puppy:
      Flickr
      Originally posted by Indecline06
      For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Turbos kind of sound like crap. I'd take a GT3 in a heartbeat anyway.

Comment

All Porsches sound like they have exhaust leaks until you through something aftermarket on them.

Comment

Originally posted by junker87 View Post
            Oh really, so A91 is not wet sump like M96/7 is not wet sump, right?

Please tell us where the separate oil tank is on this new amazingly reliable A91 block that PAG is not racing?

Which block is PAG currently using in the RSR?

Oh that's right, the M64, which is now only available on the 997.2 GT3 and GT3RS.

The Turbo is dead.
            As I said, gross oversimplification. Yes, it's different. No, there is no separate oil tank, but there is one in the system. Yes, it may be cheaper to produce, though noone can prove it and it's arguable at best. Yes, Porsche has outlined some potential BENEFITS from this setup. And finally no, we simply DO NOT KNOW, not Porsche and certainly not us, how this new engine will behave. We won't know for 10 years. 5 at least, to be generous.
            And mind, the funny thing is, I even agree with you about the fact that Porsche is taking the wrong route in many things - as a fellow turbo owner. I waited on the 997 because I was terrified by the reliability prospects of the variable geometry turbines. It appears that those may not be as fragile as we feared. I am waiting on a PDK car because there are even greater concerns there.
            But to say that the turbo is dead because it doesn't use the GT1 derived block any more is either sensationalism or plain misinformation. Your choice.
            Last edited by nmlss2006; 10-21-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Back on track...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

^ Simple. Reliable. Fast. Porsche.

Comment

Comment

That was awesome.^

Comment

lol at the only car with four doors.

Comment

There are 2 with 4 doors, Cayenne and Panamera...

Comment

bump
                          e30s r kool

Comment

that porsche video is amazing, everytime I see that commercial on TV I applaud Porsche for bringing out so many cars

Comment

Moar!

Comment

Guess the year. Sorry i cant upload anymore of the pics for some reason.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X