The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Early 911's the neu drift tax car. Forgotten about for decades revived from ashes.
    Yup, I have been watching them for the past 18months, they have almost tripled in value.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=jhaurimn;4279642]There was a singer at our cars and coffee this year. It was beautiful.

Whats in the center of the hood?

Comment

cool color choice....ballsy to spend that coin and go w/ such a color.

I would have no idea what color to choose while spending over 400k.....blutorange, silver, deep green, peru red, polo red, bahia....no idea.

center fuel fill

..a la older R, ST etc race cars.
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
          They are not technically Porsches, they're an independent manufacturer. They use unmarked Porsche chassis and their own engines and other bits, and use their own VINs. However some people bring their Porsches to be modified/converted by Ruf, so I would still consider those cars Porsches.

Much like AMG used to be with Mercedes, as well as Calloway with the Vettes.
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            Early 911's the neu drift tax car. Forgotten about for decades revived from ashes.

pre 74's were the ticket for over 9 yrs or so..

now, just about every variation of 911, even 912's have climbed very well. 964's and 930's are hot now.

996 still seems unloved and can be bought well.

914/6's have caught fire too.

10 or so yrs ago a 73 rs was like 80-100k.......now they get over 250k every day. Some of the big sellers are over 1m... a lightweight sold at Amelia 2014 for @ 1.4. I have mags at home from the 90s..these cars were 40k. Early 911's were under 10k. I bought a 70T in 2005 for 12k....every1 thought I was raped.. 1 owner, exterior restored...today, thats a 45k car easy.

my fav...an ST tribute...period cool color...fat rubber, flares, cool seats, big power.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JRKOUPE; 11-11-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              Yup, I have been watching them for the past 18months, they have almost tripled in value.
              +1

I think that dream went out the window. Even if I could afford it, I'm not sure I could justify it. I'm hoping prices come back down to earth at some point.

Comment

Honestly these cars are only getting older. Don't see prices dropping for many years. At this point I'd settle for a Sti swapped 914!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Porsches deserve attention. They are a pleasure to own, restore, drive, and love. When I bought my '68 912 a few years back it was somewhat reasonable, but still pricy. What they are going for these days is definitely starting to take the fun out of the hobby though. Shit. New rear wheel bearing are almost $200 a pop and an original orange crest hood badge from the long noses are north of $400! Not a cheap man's game anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the air cooled Porsche craze started to drive even VW bugs up sooner or later.

The Porsche people are in a whole different world compared to e30 when it comes to restoration and originality. The 912 was my first platform as a car enthusiast and that anal-retentive mentality has definitely rubbed off on me with my other cars' upkeep/restoration. Even the smallest missteps can hurt the value of these vehicles. Very tedious. Here's a few pics from the porsche drives/events I attend with the 912:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3056copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	7172161

Name:	st patty 2.JPG
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	7172162

Name:	stpatty 3.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	7172163

Name:	garage_attachment.php.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	7172164

Name:	pclub 2013.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	7172165
                  Last edited by abrokenframe; 11-11-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

you dont see that color too often....very nice.

The 911/912 crowd can really vary..from oe geeks to r gruppe wrenchers to all out racers...

the oe geeks can be thru the roof...its amazing. And the money spent on these cars is beyond belief. But to many, they are world class cars that for yrs were undervalued...and they deserve the current market craze. Driving a well sorted one, even w/ lo hp is a blast.

I do think well done bugs will get more$$$$ from the shared heritage...wasnt it only last yr a VW multi window van got @300K?

911 related.....imagine this house..this garage set up.....and btw, kick ass backdate, Id dig it all...:

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
                    Last edited by JRKOUPE; 11-12-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

In case anyone here is interested.

Prefer local pick up but can ship on your dime. Price is $450 FIRM. I purchased these a few weeks ago and after some online searching i'm going to go

Comment

if your stuck in the purist mentality you either stop or sell your car. ive seen guys chase "oe perfection" and everytime i visit they seem more stressed out than before. in the end either they finish the car, and it sells for less than they expected, or they give up on the project cut their losses. if magnus has taught me anything its to enjoy your car, make it yours, and get out and drive.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I agree! Theres a highly modified 912 that Ive had my eye on and every purist tells me to walk away, but I love the fact that I can do what I want with no consequence because it wasnt an original car to start with. My problem is that it will cost more to buy than my E30, cost a LOT to make it have 3/4 the power of my E30 and in the end will it be better than my E30? Hard to say, especially when I love my car a LOT right now.

The good news is that since its so modified, nobody else wants it and that helps with my negotiating if I do decide to take the plunge.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                            if your stuck in the purist mentality you either stop or sell your car. ive seen guys chase "oe perfection" and everytime i visit they seem more stressed out than before. in the end either they finish the car, and it sells for less than they expected, or they give up on the project cut their losses. if magnus has taught me anything its to enjoy your car, make it yours, and get out and drive.
                            Funny you bring this up because I'm selling my wheels to save up for the 52outlaws...love everything about them.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post

I told you not to buy them...
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                                I told you not to buy them...

Ha! You did, I wasn't thinking it through.

Comment

Working...
                                X