Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OnStar calls cadillac cts-v after launch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That car sounds so fucking mean.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

one of the best things about older cars is that they dint have any of this electronic computer nanny bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        yes it logs that it they also have a "balck box" that records somrthing like a 1 min loop in case of a accident they have engine, break, steering in put, blahhh blahhh blahhh data. Is it used yes and if you get into a wreck, know the location of that box and remove it if yuo are able. That is your property and no one has a right to search that property till they have a warrant to do so.
        except doing it after the fact would be tampering with evidence. you don't want to go there.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Its your property you can do as you see fit, you are not denying access to it, you are securing it till such a time they wish to see it and have gone through the proper process to gain access to that information. Rather than just pulling up and takeing it from the junk yard as they see fit.

now if you remove and destroy that box then yes thats tampering and no you dont want to go there

OEM's started installing them in the mid to late 80's IIRC, to record accident data to later analyze in a effort to build safer cars. Well once the cat was outta the bag, their are several cases where the box data has been used against people. If was ambitious enough I would figure a way to pull them outta all my vehicles before the fact.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

You have the right at the moment to say no you may not review the info stored on the machine.

Soon I can imagine that it will uploaded as soon as a car gets in an accident.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

ahh the beauty of an old car

especially one where all the factory eletronics have been replaced
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                ahh the beauty of an old car

especially one where all the factory eletronics have been replaced
                +1

Comment

i lol'd

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                  X