No announcement yet.

Mercedes SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is hot as hell, my only gripe is gull-wing doors.... You see the car, then the doors... All I though was, "really?.... on that car..."

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

the side profile looks good to me, but I think the back is a little too rounded, and the front looks a little chunky .
      Originally posted by accident
      I have achieved the title of Douche of the month.
      Discuss.
      Originally posted by kronus
      It was probably pissed off because it didn't want to pay taxes for poor people's healthcare.
      1990 300ZX TT 5spd ($6,000)
      1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

Front end is all bidness. Back end is too much Acura.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
          its a pretty car, but it screams "i have a tiny penis so i must have a car with a very long front end".
          that is the vibe i get from all of their "supercars." The McLaren was the same way. Id rather have the standard coupe because of the shorter nose. You add on that F1 lookalike nose and its even worse.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

I absolutely love it, but I also wish it had a nice set of round exhaust tips instead of the as of late fad of "blingy" accent tips. i.e. the ISF with it's quad stacks that are strictly for decoration and are not even connected to the pea shooter exhaust tips.

Comment

Front end yes, side profile yes, rear end... meh.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                that is the vibe i get from all of their "supercars." The McLaren was the same way. Id rather have the standard coupe because of the shorter nose. You add on that F1 lookalike nose and its even worse.
                at first i thought you meant the mclaren f1, but realize you meant the mclaren mercedes SLR. yeah, that car has fallace written all over it also. i know they need to make room for the huge motor, but most of it has to do with trying to have classic styling.
                http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

i hate it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

thats awesome

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

That is a very good looking car to me. Like others have said, the back end isn't the greatest, but I still think it is very appealing.

I surely wouldn't mind 563 bhp and 479 ft-lb of torque in a 3500 pound car. 0-60 in 3.8? Fuck yes.

'Tis a bit pricey though.

Comment

Kind of a stupid video, but you can see what it looks like rolling and at many more angles. Also, it sounds wonderful -- not your typical, high-revving screamer super car sound. Looks like gold calipers are an option as well.

I love the stubby nose and how wide/low it is.

Comment

some stats from Automobile magazine.

6.2l V8, 563 HP, 479 LB/FT
                          48% front, 52% rear weight distribution
                          2.7 turns lock to lock (sounds like quick ass steering!)
                          mechanical limited slip diff
                          265 19" front wheels, 295 20" rear wheels
                          3,570 pound claimed weight
                          optional carbon-ceramic brakes, standard 6 and 4 pot steel

extra HP over the standard 6.2 comes from larger intake plenum, hotter camshafts, "more ambitious" valvetrain, low resistance exhaust, forged pistons, reinforced crankshaft bearings, toughened and reduced friction bore liners, harder crankcase, shorter cooling lines, more efficient lubrication with dry sump oil system

Mercedes claims 0-60 in 3.8s and a top speed of 195.

yeah, do want.

Comment

I am a fan of the car for sure, but there is something about the side profilr that I don't like... Not sure if the front end is too vertical, or the bonnet is too long, or if the cabin is too abrupt, something is just off. Otherwise the car is beautiful, and the performance is very impressive.

And Bishop, they had to put the gullwing doors on, otherwise it would not be a true throw back to the original. Supposedly they are much more user friendly than the original ones. At least they aren't shitty lambo doors.

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                            Originally posted by Chachi
                            young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

Yuck, no thanks. Bottom of the list.

YES PLEASE

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Do like, everything but the excessively rounded lower rear on the profile. The gull-wings are necassary on this car, with the front end and those doors it just screems to you like the SLs of yore...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X