No announcement yet.

i quit drinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or you can just drink till you feel a slight buzz and stop there.. no need to drink yourself stupid
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
      or you can just drink till you feel a slight buzz and stop there.. no need to drink yourself stupid
      if it were that simple there would be no alcoholics or drug addicts
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

so have you actually TRIED to go out and just have a few drinks socially and not get drunk?
        do you know that you can't because you have tried and can't do it?
        jjust because you don't like some of the negative effects that have seen from alcohol does not mean you are an alcoholic.
        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Smoke trees?
          Xbox?

Dont be a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles?

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
            if it were that simple there would be no alcoholics or drug addicts
            You blocked your PMs?!?!

Any kind of addict fills a void with a substance. Be careful that you have other ways of filling that void or else you will spiral into addiction. For instance I know what smoking did for me and I still don't have something to fill that void and am having to battle the urge every day.
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
              You blocked your PMs?!?!

Any kind of addict fills a void with a substance. Be careful that you have other ways of filling that void or else you will spiral into addiction. For instance I know what smoking did for me and I still don't have something to fill that void and am having to battle the urge every day.
              yes i shut off my pm's . i get 30 a day for orders and i cant keep track of orders in pm's
              i need to keep shit all in one place. you can always call the direct bedroom line ju

and youre right about filling the void. its easy for someone with addictive traits to transfer it to other areas of your life

and speaking of filling the void, how is that tender mouth of yours?

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                yes i shut off my pm's . i get 30 a day for orders and i cant keep track of orders in pm's
                i need to keep shit all in one place. you can always call the direct bedroom line ju

and youre right about filling the void. its easy for someone with addictive traits to transfer it to other areas of your life

and speaking of filling the void, how is that tender mouth of yours?
                calling bedroomline now.
                Build Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                  fuck you.
                  im annoyed at how much snow Colorado and the PNW has gotten already, and Tahoe only got their first legit storm the other day.
                  I had the best opening day ever at Northstar on Saturday though.
                  Ya well fuck both of you. Its an awesome 40ish and raining here. To warm for snow and to cold/wet to do anything else. We are JUST NOW looking at STARTING to make snow. Ya maybe by mid December I can ride alittle.

As for filling you time, get some friends that don't drink and find some shit to get into.
                  Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                  every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                  Originally posted by Jparkr
                  The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                  87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                    so have you actually TRIED to go out and just have a few drinks socially and not get drunk?
                    do you know that you can't because you have tried and can't do it?
                    jjust because you don't like some of the negative effects that have seen from alcohol does not mean you are an alcoholic.
                    +1. Control is key. The self-awareness that you don't need or shouldn't have another one is key.

Stuff like pacing yourself all day for tailgating is a skill and let's you enjoy the luxury, and having someone else designated driver is good planning / responsible.

Along those lines, you can still go out and just be the sober one. A lot of bars will give you free soft drinks if you say you are DD. You can still tell jokes and meet people, and remember them if you do and friends appreciate it, even though some will abuse it. One of my good friends now drinks a fraction of what he once did and does this when people around him party... and reads the bible a lot / plays guitar in spare time when he's not studying.

If you can't control yourself not to have a drink when you have determined you won't, that's pretty weak. Being able to control urges is important other places too... like being able to say no to sex if there's no rubber. Or not getting in a fight when you are pissed at some punk. The ability to say NO to yourself or to others is a skill you hopefully picked up becoming an adult. Hell, you can get out of hand with spending or shopping but doesn't mean you should go naked because you instead of going to the mall. Avoiding a will power problem leads to instilling the thought you cannot control yourself and will probably screw up somewhere, even if not alcohol until you learn self control.

If you go out, either take a cab there and practice just having a few. If you fail, you have to cab ride back. If you succeed, congrats - fare back and forth is cheaper than getting it wrong and crashing / getting a DUI. A lot of bad situations involve poor judgement or planning before drinking even begins.

If you can't handle yourself, sorry to hear that.

Like Nando mentioned with a kid, save up and get a house if you don't already. Those sonsofbitches will keep you busy almost as much as a project car.
                    Last edited by rwh11385; 11-24-2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

congrats on losing the drunk gf. I've known some guys who have went through hell with girls like that. Go back to school and start hitting the sack earlier/awaking earlier.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

World of Warcraft will eat any free time you have.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                          +1. Control is key. The self-awareness that you don't need or shouldn't have another one is key.

Stuff like pacing yourself all day for tailgating is a skill and let's you enjoy the luxury, and having someone else designated driver is good planning / responsible.

Along those lines, you can still go out and just be the sober one. A lot of bars will give you free soft drinks if you say you are DD. You can still tell jokes and meet people, and remember them if you do and friends appreciate it, even though some will abuse it. One of my good friends now drinks a fraction of what he once did and does this when people around him party... and reads the bible a lot / plays guitar in spare time when he's not studying.

If you can't control yourself not to have a drink when you have determined you won't, that's pretty weak. Being able to control urges is important other places too... like being able to say no to sex if there's no rubber. Or not getting in a fight when you are pissed at some punk. The ability to say NO to yourself or to others is a skill you hopefully picked up becoming an adult. Hell, you can get out of hand with spending or shopping but doesn't mean you should go naked because you instead of going to the mall. Avoiding a will power problem leads to instilling the thought you cannot control yourself and will probably screw up somewhere, even if not alcohol until you learn self control.

If you go out, either take a cab there and practice just having a few. If you fail, you have to cab ride back. If you succeed, congrats - fare back and forth is cheaper than getting it wrong and crashing / getting a DUI. A lot of bad situations involve poor judgement or planning before drinking even begins.

If you can't handle yourself, sorry to hear that.

Like Nando mentioned with a kid, save up and get a house if you don't already. Those sonsofbitches will keep you busy almost as much as a project car.
                          spoken like a true alcoholic in the making. youre a good guy heeter but your knowledge on addiction is equivalent to andre's on wheel fitment. its a scientific fact its got nothing to do with "self control". its genetic and some have it while others dont.
                          i know youll come back and argue to the death but you are wrong.

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Toyota Pickup

Comment

^^thats what you noticed in that pic?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
                                ^^thats what you noticed in that pic?