i quit drinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blunt View Post
    spoken like a true alcoholic in the making. youre a good guy heeter but your knowledge on addiction is equivalent to andre's on wheel fitment. its a scientific fact its got nothing to do with "self control". its genetic and some have it while others dont. i know youll come back and argue to the death but you are wrong.
    Actually, spoken like all the people in the world who can enjoy something without it overwhelming their life. It is like selling a car because "you cannot control your mod spending"... but it's better just to deal with your crap rather than change your life only to mod out a toyota camry while saying you've handled your problem by avoiding it.

Don't drink if you don't feel you can handle it, that's your personal choice, but saying that everyone under the sun has a problem and what they should do because you think you have some incurable disease is lame.

Michael: [approaches Randy] You just can't cut down on your drinking, Randy. You need to know something. You have a disease.

Randy: I can't! I'm sick! [begins to cry and walks off in his blanket. He goes to the bathroom and closes the door, then goes to the vanity and looks in the mirror] It's not fair! Why did you give me this disease?!
    Stan: Dad, you like to drink. So have a drink once in a while. Have two. If you devote your whole life to completely avoiding something you like, then that thing still controls your life and, 'n you've never learned any discipline at all.
    Randy: But, maybe... I'm just the kind of person who needs to have it all or nothing
    Stan: Naw. All or nothing is easy. But learning to drink a little bit, responsibly, that'sa disciprine. Disciprine... come from within.

Comment

spoken like a true alcoholic in the making. youre a good guy heeter but your knowledge on addiction is equivalent to andre's on wheel fitment. its a scientific fact its got nothing to do with "self control". its genetic and some have it while others dont.
      i know youll come back and argue to the death but you are wrong.
      This is true. As the son of an alcoholic, I have been through a lot dealing with alcohol at a young age. I also know that everytime I take a drink I load another bullet into the gun, but I have very strict limits on myself when I drink. I make sure I have a DD or I'm at the place I plan to stay. I also limit my number of drinks.
      Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
      every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
      Originally posted by Jparkr
      The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
      87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Originally posted by ben312 View Post
        I also know that everytime I take a drink I load another bullet into the gun
        dude, don't mess with guns while you are drinking. not smart.
        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by ben312 View Post
          I also know that everytime I take a drink I load another bullet into the gun.
          What is the name of this drinking game, it sounds new to me.

Comment

Play poker. It kept me up until 6am on friday and saturday
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Congrats on moving in the right direction! I am probably biased because I simply do not drink at all and I am almost 26 years old. I have never been drunk. Never been buzzed or anything similar. Have tried everything most people can think of but it all simply taste terrible. Just have no interest in spending that kind of money to 'have a drink at dinner'. What am I missing? Not missing much from talking with friends and family so I will just continue that.

In the end I think the decision of cutting back 100% to nothing or cutting back A LOT is always a good decision. I personally believe that a good majority of human beings simply cannot handle having anything in excess. Beer, booze, money etc. It just seems they can never say no and will continue on. The real kicker is it seems that most know deep down they shouldn't be doing it or going out and drinking. Notice how many 'special' nights bars have? Every holiday is an 'excuse' to get drunk. Oh it is ok because it is Halloween. Oh It is Thanksgiving. Oh the bar gives 2 for 1 on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.

Before you know it these people are sitting at home watching TV getting drunk on beer by themselves. It just seems that the human race can't take anything in large doses. Anything labeled as 'fun' can be abused. Kids play video games and do nothing else. Start doing pot and it continues and they are high all the time. Can't say no to McDonald's but same person is in the QT getting a 128oz Diet Coke.

On the front of 'choice' verse 'disease' I do not know where I really stand. Maybe there is something that makes it easier for the next generation to get sucked in but if that is the case it would seem that if someone really cares for someone they would attempt to make a change or at least watch over or offer some guidance. I am not in the place to really say what is right or wrong on that front though.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                Congrats on moving in the right direction! I am probably biased because I simply do not drink at all and I am almost 26 years old. I have never been drunk. Never been buzzed or anything similar. Have tried everything most people can think of but it all simply taste terrible. Just have no interest in spending that kind of money to 'have a drink at dinner'. What am I missing? Not missing much from talking with friends and family so I will just continue that.

In the end I think the decision of cutting back 100% to nothing or cutting back A LOT is always a good decision. I personally believe that a good majority of human beings simply cannot handle having anything in excess. Beer, booze, money etc. It just seems they can never say no and will continue on. The real kicker is it seems that most know deep down they shouldn't be doing it or going out and drinking. Notice how many 'special' nights bars have? Every holiday is an 'excuse' to get drunk. Oh it is ok because it is Halloween. Oh It is Thanksgiving. Oh the bar gives 2 for 1 on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.

Before you know it these people are sitting at home watching TV getting drunk on beer by themselves. It just seems that the human race can't take anything in large doses. Anything labeled as 'fun' can be abused. Kids play video games and do nothing else. Start doing pot and it continues and they are high all the time. Can't say no to McDonald's but same person is in the QT getting a 128oz Diet Coke.

On the front of 'choice' verse 'disease' I do not know where I really stand. Maybe there is something that makes it easier for the next generation to get sucked in but if that is the case it would seem that if someone really cares for someone they would attempt to make a change or at least watch over or offer some guidance. I am not in the place to really say what is right or wrong on that front though.
                wow, we are the same age.

Most people I meet who don't booze are on the jesus.
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I personally believe that a good majority of human beings simply cannot handle having anything in excess. Beer, booze, money etc. ... It just seems that the human race can't take anything in large doses. Anything labeled as 'fun' can be abused. Kids play video games and do nothing else. Start doing pot and it continues and they are high all the time. Can't say no to McDonald's but same person is in the QT getting a 128oz Diet Coke.
                  Wow, actually agree with dinan on something. Weird.

I laugh / am troubled with a society that seeks to prove McD's foods are addictive rather than admitting their poor decisions. Messed up world blaming something else rather than personal responsibility.

Comment

I quit drinking yesterday....for about 7 hours.
                    Originally posted by accident
                    I have achieved the title of Douche of the month.
                    Discuss.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    It was probably pissed off because it didn't want to pay taxes for poor people's healthcare.
                    1990 300ZX TT 5spd ($6,000)
                    1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                      wow, we are the same age.

Most people I meet who don't booze are on the jesus.
                      That is definitely not me. I am the 'go with the family Christmas Eve' guy. It just is not for me. It is a personal decision of mine.

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                      Wow, actually agree with dinan on something. Weird.

I laugh / am troubled with a society that seeks to prove McD's foods are addictive rather than admitting their poor decisions. Messed up world blaming something else rather than personal responsibility.
                      We can agree sometimes ;)

The problem with 'fast food america' is that the country as a whole is LAZY. You have lazy people who don't work out, don't get excercise, work a sloth like job and then when they get home they are too damn LAZY to make something at home. Sure you can make food that is bad for you at home but they would rather get 3 dollar menu double cheeseburgers than try to make something at home. Makes it even worse.

This is now moving into the 'middle class' in my opinion. Just substitute McDonald's for Chili's, local hamburger place, Chipotle etc. Too lazy to cook a decent meal at home so the family is eating out 4, 5, 6 or 7 nights of the week. America has changed a lot. Sad to see it sometimes really.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                        Actually, spoken like all the people in the world who can enjoy something without it overwhelming their life. It is like selling a car because "you cannot control your mod spending"... but it's better just to deal with your crap rather than change your life only to mod out a toyota camry while saying you've handled your problem by avoiding it.

Don't drink if you don't feel you can handle it, that's your personal choice, but saying that everyone under the sun has a problem and what they should do because you think you have some incurable disease is lame.

i know i cant handle it. thats why i quit and i wouldnt call that a poor decision. you get your facts from south park and try to justify your drinking every night by claiming others are weak and make "poor decisions". i never said "everyone" has a problem. i can only speak for myself and what ive done. ive been around addiction for 40 years heeter and i can tell you ive seen hundred and hundreds of guys with your mindset come and go. guess where i always see them coming back to??
                        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

We can agree sometimes ;)

The problem with 'fast food america' is that the country as a whole is LAZY. You have lazy people who don't work out, don't get excercise, work a sloth like job and then when they get home they are too damn LAZY to make something at home. Sure you can make food that is bad for you at home but they would rather get 3 dollar menu double cheeseburgers than try to make something at home. Makes it even worse.

This is now moving into the 'middle class' in my opinion. Just substitute McDonald's for Chili's, local hamburger place, Chipotle etc. Too lazy to cook a decent meal at home so the family is eating out 4, 5, 6 or 7 nights of the week. America has changed a lot. Sad to see it sometimes really.
                          I don't get why fast food is battling for bigger burgers. It's bad news bears.

When I first got out of college I went out wayyyy too much. Holy crap does that add up, both $$ and fat wise because TGI Fridays certainly is not that great for you. And microwavable processed crap cannot be that healthy either. Especially fried and breadened chicken, etc.

My food costs went down and well-being went up when I started making the majority of my own food from basic commodities instead of packaged shit and going out a ton. Grilled chicken with some spices is way more tasty than nuggets and a whole lot healthier.

There's a balance of social eating and economical / healthy, just like other things that a lot of America sucks at.

Comment

spoken like a true alcoholic in the making. youre a good guy heeter but your knowledge on addiction is equivalent to andre's on wheel fitment. its a scientific fact its got nothing to do with "self control". its genetic and some have it while others dont.
                            i know youll come back and argue to the death but you are wrong.
                            It is both genetics as well as self control. Nature and nurture.

Comment

i know i cant handle it. thats why i quit and i wouldnt call that a poor decision. you get your facts from south park and try to justify your drinking every night by claiming others are weak and make "poor decisions". i never said "everyone" has a problem. i can only speak for myself and what ive done. ive been around addiction for 40 years heeter and i can tell you ive seen hundred and hundreds of guys with your mindset come and go. guess where i always see them coming back to??
                              Heeter always babbles about how in control of his life he is and that if everyone just manned up and lived like him the world would be perfect.
                              Either he is
                              1. Full of himself
                              2. Delusional
                              3. Life hasn't hit him hard enough to make him understand that bad things happen, no matter how smart or purdue you are.
                              Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

In case anyone has not noticed, heeter is the PERFECT person! I commend you Mr. Heeter.
                                RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                                Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                                DaveCN = Old Man
                                My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                                If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                                X