The Most Biased Name in News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Most Biased Name in News

It's a long read, but I found ithis article interesting.

FAIR is the national progressive media watchdog group, challenging corporate media bias, spin and misinformation.

But the core of Fox's critique is the notion that the mainstream media just don't tell the conservative side of the story. This is the premise Fox executives start from when they defend their own network: If Fox appears conservative, they argue, it's only because the country has grown so accustomed to the left-leaning media that a truly balanced network seems to lean right. "The reason you may believe it tips to the right is you're stunned at seeing so many conservatives," Ailes once told a reporter (Washington Post, 2/5/01).

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

who cares, all these media companies are on the brink of extinction anyway.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Read some of that site, they sound pretty liberal themselves whilst trying to stoke the fires of "fair" media.

Comment

I wish that they would just admit it, everyone knows they are on the right. They should at least pretend to be proud of it.

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

fox isn't news... it's social commentary
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

When 90% of news sources were purchased by 6 big conglomerates, all news lost it's newsworthiness, and became dissemination stations of those 6's opinions.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wasnt it LBJ that said something to that effect 50 years ago???? Or was it Agnew

Julien

and MSNBC CNN CBS NBC ABC are any better

that goofy ass hate olberman and the dyke that comes on after are just down right openly disrespectful and inflammatory to everyone not sided with them.

Anderson Copper is a tool that just cant get his shit straight.

And the nightly news anchors are now now better than any of the opinion show hosts on any network. You have to watch a ton of "News" to filter though all the shit and get the whole story. I do find fix to be the most centrist there is though.

For the record I hate Rush Oriley and Hannity as well. So dont try to play that one
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

The fact that Fox's "chat consistently tilts to the conservative side," wrote the Washington Post's Howard Kurtz (2/5/01), "may cast an unwarranted cloud on the news reporting, which tends to be straightforward."
                +1 but it goes both ways
                I'd say the news is straightforward on all the networks, but the the actual information reported sadly is pretty goddamn thin.

*edit*
                Originally posted by Julien View Post
                fox isn't news... it's social commentary
                +1 most of it anyway

(OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
                In this world, things aren't black & white. Its Delphin!

Parts, Buy Them--> http://picasaweb.google.com/transatl...eat=directlink

Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

Originally posted by Steve92E34
                Your car is breathing my air, and so are you.
                AND you are both still slow

Comment

Nighly Business Report and The News Hour air nightly on PBS here...
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh yeah thats not way left or anything either. thats like saying you listen to NPR all day.
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

haha way to drive down the middle of the road, I guess you have early bed times in your household....zzz LOL

even though fox people will say that it's super liberal it provides good info that no one else covers

Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

Comment

haha.....see :D

Comment

^^^ lol. I giggled, but at least those networks leave space to run spots for Carbon Credit purchases.

Comment

Hey I listen to NPR almost every day, they do have some neat info on stuff that the major out lets just ignore, but you have filter out the agendas that are subtle and not so subtle, to get to the info. Just like all the other news sources

William Pitt-

Comment

where can i go to get credible news then without being a feeble brainwashed sheep?
                              1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                              1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                              1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                              1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                              1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                              I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X