$20 Dollar Bill refused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20 Dollar Bill refused

So, I was at a Sushi restaurant yesterday and they refused to take my 1934 Series $20 dollar bill!

Is there a law saying that they have to take my payment since it is a legal tender?

..also, i called the cops and they said they cant do anything about it since its a civil matter and not criminal.??

http://vnmi.mybrute.com
    :razz: 1991 Alpineweis 318iS
    :arrow: 1991 Briliantrot 318i

why are you trying to spend a 1934 printed $20 bill?

sounds like my dad using silver certificates ($20s I think) to buy cigarettes and beer. fucking retard.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Just give it to them and leave. The worst that will happen is you'll get banned from that restaurant.
      Originally posted by accident
      I have achieved the title of Douche of the month.
      Discuss.
      Originally posted by kronus
      It was probably pissed off because it didn't want to pay taxes for poor people's healthcare.
      1990 300ZX TT 5spd ($6,000)
      1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

Comment

EWhy would you use something so old? That's pretty cool.
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I know it's leagal to pay in pennies, and they have to accept it. I guess there is some feeral law that says that all "legal tender" has to be accepted or something.

Read this(says you can sue): http://www.helium.com/items/608401-t...g-only-pennies

Watch this(guy pays fine in pennies, hilarity ensues): http://www.break.com/index/8800-penny-prank.html
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Just tell them that's all you have to pay, and that unless they can prove it has no legal tender, it's it, or a free meal. ;)

But if I were you, I would keep it and frame it.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Where can we sell these old dollar bills at? My mom has alot of the 1's with the red stamp on it

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  Just tell them that's all you have to pay, and that unless they can prove it has no legal tender, it's it, or a free meal. ;)

But if I were you, I would keep it and frame it.
                  +1

If they don't want to take it, it's probably their problem. Their loss, right? lol

It's not like they can make you use another bill. Money is money is money.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
                    Where can we sell these old dollar bills at? My mom has alot of the 1's with the red stamp on it
                    This is why the interwebs is dangerous. Now this 15 y/o child is gonna go rob his mom and go to the Coin / Pawn Shop to buy rice modZ for his e30.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      This is why the interwebs is dangerous. Now this 15 y/o child is gonna go rob his mom and go to the Coin / Pawn Shop to buy rice modZ for his e30.
                      Yeah get out of here the mods are for my E36. Nah my mom actually wants to get rid of it since she cant use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        can I haz rice modz?
                        Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                        If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                        Originally posted by J3M93
                        This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          I know it's leagal to pay in pennies, and they have to accept it. I guess there is some feeral law that says that all "legal tender" has to be accepted or something.

Read this(says you can sue): http://www.helium.com/items/608401-t...g-only-pennies

Watch this(guy pays fine in pennies, hilarity ensues): http://www.break.com/index/8800-penny-prank.html
                          That penny vid was great.

Definitely gonna have to do that next time someone pisses me off, haha.

Matt
                          Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                          I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                          Originally posted by chadthestampede
                          This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            why are you trying to spend a 1934 printed $20 bill?
                            This.
                            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                            E36 325i sedan
                            E30 325i sedan
                            Volvo 945T

Comment

keep the bill! it's not like you're gonna magically find another one in your sock drawer
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X