Apple Ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
    There isnt ever ever a such thing as overkill. a computer can never have too much memory, just like a car can never have too much HP.
    Quoted for shitsweak.

Comment

Ill give it to apple, their products are always extremely clean and usually well made, however, who is going to buy this? Everybody and their mother already has an iphone, so whats the point? I don't think this is going to make very much money for apple at all.
      I still think its cool in the way that my iphone is cool..although the tablet doesn't have a camera...or a phone...
      -David

Comment

I honestly don't see the point.. Its a fancy glorified Iphone with very limited expansion capabilities.

10 Hours of battery is decent, the screen I'm sure is amazing, but no X86 platform, no OSX or Windows 7 capable hardware is a real limiting factor to what I'd buy.

I suppose if you have a Kindle and want something...with color and email it would be handy.

I am REALLY looking forward to the HP Slate.. it runs Windows 7, will have X86 something or another, and I can actually install applications that I need to have with me, and not glorified Iphone apps.

imho Apple is really amusing at this point. They sell things to people that like shiny with a few exceptions..hell the only reason I like my Iphone is because it basically gives me a linux terminal at my fingertips

Comment

As this has been said before, its not a laptop replacement.. College students, professionals on the go or even teachers will get most use out of the IPAD. Just using it for web browsing and emailing is a plus. So who needs window 7 or any other software will it will do just fine the way it is.. All new apps will be surfacing in the next few months so lets wait and see. And this will make money guaranteed!
          "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

Originally posted by ja burna View Post
            As this has been said before, its not a laptop replacement.. College students, professionals on the go or even teachers will get most use out of the IPAD. Just using it for web browsing and emailing is a plus. So who needs window 7 or any other software will it will do just fine the way it is.. All new apps will be surfacing in the next few months so lets wait and see. And this will make money guaranteed!
            Its all about market. Some people don't want things dubbed down.

Also keep in mind I'm not talking about a laptop replacement, because in all fairness laptops cannot run everything either.

This is mainly why I've been such a fan of netbook based tablet PC's, because they have the flexibility to run just about everything, while maintaining the size of a tablet.

Lets not forget complete integration with corporate networks, which apple still has not figured out. Not just teachers and college students will use the thing. Heck the only reason I finally bought an Iphone is because they added Exchange support, otherwise I would not own one.

Comment

It seemed interesting at first but it really appears to fall short of what I was expecting.

The biggest downfall is the way it works through iTunes. You have to sync everything to your Ipad just like an ipod. As far as video goes I'm guessing its only going to be able to play quicktime format which means converting all of the movies on your hard drive and wasting twice the space on your desktop.

Also no multitasking most likely means:
              Only one page open on a browser at a time
              Cant listen to music and surf the web

If those things are true then this product is totally useless.

It just seems like you should be getting so much more for $830.

Comment

Working...
              X