Colorado Gun Laws - Dey takin mie gunz fruhm skool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
    Given the sheer level of drunken debauchery that goes on at virtually ALL college campuses, there's no fucking way they should be armed.

You're not dealing with intelligent, mentally present people. You're dealing with college students.

Alcohol does far more damage than the occasional whacko:

Full text here.
    Well I have been carrying since I was 21 since I could get my permit. Never had an issue with being stupid, no have any of my friends, If we were gonna go to a party or to the bar or what ever, the weapons stayed at home.

Just because your in college dose not mean that you are a fuck wit that will shoot a place up when you go to a party, there are many responsible young people that carry and to restrict all of their rights to carry over something that may happen and has not happened prior do to being drunk at a party, is a slap in the face to all of us and the Constitution in general

Just more evidence that the govt thinks its job is to protect us from our selves
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-12-2010, 07:45 AM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      there are many responsible young people that carry
      Well, there's you. And you appear to have some common sense. But there aren't nearly enough guys like you on a campus of 15-30,000 students. You'd have no better chance of just happening to be in a position to thwart a killer than the cops. You could possibly protect yourself, but it is unlikely you would actually prevent something from happening.

Still, given the fact that booze kills way more college age people than mass murderers, it seems ridiculous to focus so much energy on preventing that type of thing when on any given night thousands of college age teenagers are hellbent on drinking themselves into a stupor.

Comment

Well, there's you. And you appear to have some common sense. But there aren't nearly enough guys like you on a campus of 15-30,000 students. You'd have no better chance of just happening to be in a position to thwart a killer than the cops. You could possibly protect yourself, but it is unlikely you would actually prevent something from happening.

Still, given the fact that booze kills way more college age people than mass murderers, it seems ridiculous to focus so much energy on preventing that type of thing when on any given night thousands of college age teenagers are hellbent on drinking themselves into a stupor.
        This is pretty much my point right here. I'm not against CCW by any means; I just do not think they have a place on college campuses. Violent crime is pretty low on campuses......what are you going to use a CCW for? The rare once in ten years at one of 20,000 colleges nationwide gunman?

CCW's are great for self protection and is your right to have. Having them on college campuses is a bad idea. It's not restricting your right to own a gun or to have or carry a gun- there are limits on your ability to do so as there should be (iirc you can't carry in a federal building as an example). Same goes for free speech- you can say most anything you want, fire in a crowded building being a limit, libel, seditious speech, etc. Restricting CCW permits to not be on college campuses doesn't in my mind affect my right to own and use guns in the slightest.

But mrsleeve's going to disagree on principle, and I respect that.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I do see your point and I can fully understand where you are coming from. But is all boils down to personal responsibility and accountability for your actions, just like it always has, and the fact the like I said before its just a case of the Govt knowing whats best and trying to protect us from our selves, which is the 100% opposite of what the founders had in mind for America and what America stands for

Yes your right most sates wont allow you to carry in Govt buildings (feds included) and bars banks and things like that. We have given up some locations, and made soem concessions to have be granted the privilege of exercising what should be a NON issue as to our Fundamental rights. More restrictions is not the answer as it will just lead to more and more infringements on our CCW rights and there are enough already.

So yes I will have to respectfully disagree on principal. You cant pick and chose what parts of the Constitution to up hold and what to sweep under the rug. You must Uphold all of it

I agree with you on the booze, I kinda stoped drinking when I could do it legally .

Any one that has 1/3 of a brain, if presented with a chance of escape is gonna take it, I know I would take it. I am not gonna put my self in any position of extra danger, thats why I carry a gun, in case I have to use it and have no other choice.

In a bad situation I will take the action that will give me the best chances of prolonging mine and my families lives. I carry to protect my self not others, if placed in a situation where others would benefit from me protecting my self then so be it, but I am not gonna go outta my way and risk my life hunting down a gun man when I can GTFO.

Now my home is a whole nother ball game, come into my house at night through a window uninvited and your leaving in a bag, I have no duty to and no intentions in retreating from my house.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-12-2010, 08:32 AM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
            I always hear this quote like "an armed society is a polite society" or something of the sort, and this is completely going the other way. Why do you think these fucks target places like that anyway? You never hear, "gunman attacks redneck trailer housing development".

Very true!

Why do you suppose New Hampshire has so few violent crimes???

Because everyone and their mother owns a gun.
            Originally posted by accident
            I have achieved the title of Douche of the month.
            Discuss.
            Originally posted by kronus
            It was probably pissed off because it didn't want to pay taxes for poor people's healthcare.
            1990 300ZX TT 5spd ($6,000)
            1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

Golly gee look what happened today....

Keeping gun off collage campuses sure is working.

EAT SHIT!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Can I bring my ACR w/FMJ, scavenger, stoping power and steady aim? Oh yeah and akimbo g18s? No that would be rediculess. An m9 will do for history class.

Comment

The way I see it, someone who is going to bring a gun to school and kill people will still do it even if it isn't allowed. Not being able to carry a gun on campus is a mute point. It doesn't affect the problem they are trying to solve, it affects everyone else.

It's kind of like background checks on guns. People who are going to commit a crime with a gun aren't going to buy one from a gun store.

I'm not for or against guns, but I do think most gun laws are fucking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                    Can I bring my ACR w/FMJ, scavenger, stoping power and steady aim? Oh yeah and akimbo g18s? No that would be rediculess. An m9 will do for history class.
                    You're doing it wrong.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                    Originally posted by DTM190
                    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                      The way I see it, someone who is going to bring a gun to school and kill people will still do it even if it isn't allowed. Not being able to carry a gun on campus is a mute point. It doesn't affect the problem they are trying to solve, it affects everyone else.

It's kind of like background checks on guns. People who are going to commit a crime with a gun aren't going to buy one from a gun store.

That's very true and a good point.

I'll side with the fact that 99.9999% of CCW owners don't use the gun in crimes to kill. As opposed to knowing what areas can't have guns and become targets.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by pbr87 View Post
                        Very true!

Why do you suppose New Hampshire has so few violent crimes???

Because everyone and their mother owns a gun.
                        I'm thinking it's more to do with who lives in new Hampshire! Am I wrong?

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        You're doing it wrong.
                        1.59 kdr(kill/death ratio) isn't wrong is it?
                        Last edited by T Verdier; 02-13-2010, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Is there any cases were a gunman has been shot by a ccw holder and had a shooting prevented?

Comment

Maybe Abe Lincoln should have set up a claymore!

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post

ding ding ding ding

we have a winner, some one who completely gets it You win a e cookie

Originally posted by t-bag
                              Is there any cases were a gunman has been shot by a ccw holder and had a shooting prevented
                              YES, conservative estimate put the numbers at around 2 million a year. Thats all crime that is prevented by CCW holders even if they dont even fire their weapon. Just the mere threat of deadly force will stop most criminals.

Most notably there was an Incident at a BK about a year ago when a man was enjoying lunch with his family, some dude was robbing the place at gun point and was threatening to shoot patrons well. The man got up walked up ordered the thief to put the gun down at gun point. That was his mistake, he got shot too, but lived to tell about it, thief not so fortunate

Oh BTW NH is a free state to bad it is slowly becoming more and more infested with Hippies, then it will turn in to CA

William Pitt-

Comment

Isn't the idea behind gun control to reduce the number of guns "legally" available? This way, less guns will be "lost" or "stolen", and therefore available for burglars or crackheads to buy? Sure, there will always be guns available illegaly. But the reduced availability will push prices upward, making them more difficult to buy by any crackead wanting to "do" a 7/11 or a private house.

I have no doubt that MrSleeve behaves properly with his collection of weapons. But he's probably not the typical problem case... I am more worried by peoples whose intentions are not as clear...
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X