Obama on FOX News at 6PM EST....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pureaudio
    replied
    Originally posted by mar1t1me
    The issue of abortion is a distraction used by the Religious Right to create a black or white reaction to a politician. They tar and feather any politician who mentions being pro-choice, which is not the same as pro-abortion, though they'd like you to think it is.
    What does the issue of abortion have anything to do with religion? It is a human rights issue, when a life is created that life has rights. The right to live being a big one. You would go to jail for beating your 1 year old but when that child is still in the womb it is ok to end their life? People like you love to blame religion for your own selfish views but that isn't the case. The issue of abortion is not used to create an image of a politician, by choosing life or death they create their own image.
    Last edited by pureaudio; 03-25-2010, 07:01 AM. Reason: wording

    Leave a comment:


  • mar1t1me
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Cabrio
    Obama taxes tanning booths.
    Maybe Boehner will step up with legislation to protect the people's right to give themselves wrinkles and skin cancer. He is certainly a fan of the perma-tan!

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Interesting direction this thread has gone, I don't want kids, period.

    Leave a comment:


  • mar1t1me
    replied
    Originally posted by Ral
    ...but it's not the government's job (in fact, it's against the Constitution) to regulate who can have kids.
    I agree that it's not the government's job, however, the government is fully capable of acts that are disincentive of unwanted pregnancy. Perhaps women who reach a certain age without becoming pregnant could be offered educational vouchers, or housing vouchers or some other form of assistance that would be better for the people and state than supporting more babies born to dumb people.

    Regardless of how level we want the playing field, anti-abortion laws really only affect the poor people. There are many precedents that indicate that wealthy people have always and will continue to obtain abortions when they feel the need. And they never call it an abortion- it's a D&C.

    The issue of abortion is a distraction used by the Religious Right to create a black or white reaction to a politician. They tar and feather any politician who mentions being pro-choice, which is not the same as pro-abortion, though they'd like you to think it is.

    It's potently clear to me, given the varied types of people I work with, that abstinence-only education is a complete joke. I hear men talk about how unprotected anal sex with their girlfriends is OK because it not "sex" and they can't get pregnant. You hear a lot of crazy shit like that on a ship.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    Obama taxes tanning booths.

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    I know that your ex girlfriend's, new husband's, mother's spouse could trigger my acid indigestion and I'm the type of guy that would eat dirt wrapped in bacon. Where's the grill?
    *edit: stepfather is what I meant. My ex is not married. Her mother is remarried. My bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Originally posted by pbr87
    Oh HELLS YEAH!

    My ex's father in law takes jumbo shrimp, shells them, cuts them open, stuffs them with diced jalapenos and cream cheese, then wraps them with bacon and grills them!


    WHATCHU KNOW ABOUT THAT, BOI!?!?!?!
    I know that your ex girlfriend's, new husband's, mother's spouse could trigger my acid indigestion and I'm the type of guy that would eat dirt wrapped in bacon. Where's the grill?

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus

    Threadwinner!

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Now it's a party. I'd wrap that sucker in bacon and stick a toothpick through it.
    Oh HELLS YEAH!

    My ex's stepfather takes jumbo shrimp, shells them, cuts them open, stuffs them with diced jalapenos and cream cheese, then wraps them with bacon and grills them!


    WHATCHU KNOW ABOUT THAT, BOI!?!?!?!
    Last edited by pbr87; 03-24-2010, 10:17 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Originally posted by pbr87
    Yummm! I love shrimp! I wanna fry this sucker up with some garlic, olive oil and parmesan!

    om nom nom!
    Now it's a party. I'd wrap that sucker in bacon and stick a toothpick through it.

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce




    Yummm! I love shrimp! I wanna fry this sucker up with some garlic, olive oil and parmesan!

    om nom nom!

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Well, you gut what you wanted. Abortion is not covered by the govt option insurance.

    I honestly don't care either way. There's worse things in this country than abortion. Hallen, I'm not an idiot. Sperm runs off in urine, too. I was going to bring that up if anyone got really conservative on me.

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    The end of a human life can be defined as the cessation of brain waves, but many ignore the scientific evidence of brain waves in unborn babies. The smallest form of brain waves in a human fetus starts no earlier than 6 weeks.

    At any rate, I wouldnt cry over a 5 week embryo:

    Leave a comment:


  • Hallen
    replied
    [quote=Turf1600;1928042]
    Originally posted by Hallen
    How do you feel about plan b?

    I guess at this point you must define life and where precisely it begins. As I said before, no spine, no care. Also, is a sprem penetrating an egg that different than rubbing one out in the toilet? What exactly changes fundamentally between the elapsed time? to me the difference is so moot and irrelevant that it's not worth thinking about. There is no gray area here, logically. Either you believe that every sperm is sacred and don't use birth control, or you do whatever you want and live with abortion when necessary. Maybe I'm just a black and white person, but I don't understand the inbetween area. Having that said, I don't believe in late term abortion. Rather, I wouldn't do it myself.



    By your definition of irresponsibility, yes. By the normal standard, no.



    Agreed. No one said it was easy.
    Not my definition of irresponsibility, it is THE definition of it. I'm just pointing out that it IS irresponsible. The sooner you own up to that, the sooner you will be a responsible adult. You play, you pay. That's the way of life. It is responsible to understand that if you have sex, you may become a parent and have a plan on how to deal with that, at least marginally; in other words, own up to your responsibility for the life you created. It is irresponsible to have sex and figure that an abortion will save your sorry ass if she happens to get pregnant. Thinking of the fetus as not being alive just makes it easier for you to avoid your responsibility.

    There is so much bullshit flying around out there about abortion. That Monty Python sarcastic skit, "every sperm is sacred", which was poking fun at the lack of birth control use, doesn't apply in the least. And it is not a concept used by pro life activists. You are misunderstanding the issue. No "religious nut" advocates a crime for snuffing a sperm. Just as nobody in their right mind would call it a crime when a woman has a period (you know, when they get rid of an unused egg... figured I better 'esplain that to you). Neither the sperm nor the egg is viable on its own. A fertilized egg, however, is complete and will grow if allowed to. That's life. You can choose to say that it isn't enough of a life to count, but you cannot say that it isn't a life.

    I just take the most conservative position when it comes to babies. An egg is an egg. Sperm is... well, whatever that squiggly little thing is. Put them together, you have life. Something that can sustain itself and grow. To think otherwise, is to disregard science. What decisions you make beyond that, is up to you.

    Also, there is a huge, huge difference between funding a war as compared to funding an abortion. The war happens to protect all of us (even if you disagree with it, that's what it is supposed to be). Lets just shift gears a bit then, lets not talk current, lets talk past: WWII, we fought to protect ourselves. Are you saying that we shouldn't have funded that? No war no matter the cost? Why? Human life is to precious to you? Well, I guess not considering your position on other things.

    Contrasting war, abortion happens to abet the irresponsibility of two individuals. It doesn't matter if you believe abortion is wrong or not. Unless it is life threatening to the mom, there is no reason for the public to fund them. It's nearly identical to funding breast augmentations for strippers.

    Leave a comment:

Working...