They don't call us the Ocean State for nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't call us the Ocean State for nothing

2 weeks ago we got hit with enough rain to make 5' floods all over the place. Today flood waters hit 7'

I'm uploading some pics off my phone now. Shits crazy out there
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Apparently I forgot how to upload pics from my phone so I'm just going to steal some from friends facebook albums

Building on the way to my school. Last flood there was a backhoe in this lot with water up to the top of the rear wheels. The water wasn't even at the building that time

someones backyard

My friend Erin's basement

Charles St. in Providence
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

man that sucks.

Comment

wow...

Comment

Holy shit. That school pic is nutz.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Since you clearly stole that last pic from Pat I'm gonna repost what I said on his album:

Wow dude that's crazy. I joking always said that state would get flooded over one day but damn.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
            No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Man I'd love to be a hick with a lifted 2500 of some sorts, I'd drive through all of it.

Something like this

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Desaevious View Post
                Since you clearly stole that last pic from Pat I'm gonna repost what I said on his album:

Wow dude that's crazy. I joking always said that state would get flooded over one day but damn.
                Pat got some insane pictures, I figured I'd let him post most of them though. They even closed RT95 down for a few hours. People were riding around Wakefield with inflateables with outboard engines lol.

Luckily I live on a hill :p
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

the sign in the last pic made me giggle
                  m106 1990 e30
                  e36 daily
                  e32 cruiser

Comment

that is pretty damn crazy.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

whoa that is a lot of water. How were you getting around town?

Comment

PT cruisers have surprisingly high ride heights lol. My car wouldn't have made it through the stream at the end of my driveway.

Went out in my aunts jeep to get some pics of Wakefield. I didn't know it was this bad down here, I was never able to get this far into town.

The railings in this picture are about 8' above the stream usually

Same with these bridges

Main St.

More Main st.

You can't even see this stream from the sidewalk usually

Second story windows of the mill building in the top picture

Oh noez a wormhole!
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

We're just upstream of you along the Blackstone. It's wicked high up here, backed up from where the Blackstone, Mumford, and West rivers converge just south of my house. It's really gonna be comin' through Woonsocket on the way to Providence over the next 72 hours or so.......stay dry down there!
                          "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
                          -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                            Man I'd love to be a hick with a lifted 2500 of some sorts, I'd drive through all of it.

Something like this

So you are saying only hicks have trucks like that? Okay. How bout you stay in the underworld where you under stand things better Harry.

E30spdfrk, I hope you and your family are safe.
                            i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post

Something like this

One of these would be better:

Comment

Working...
                              X