How come fat people justify their weight by saying its just who they are

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by Mossman
    Not adding much, but basically although 99% of the population could be at a healthy weight if they truly worked at it, just because it's easy for you mentally and physically doesn't mean it's that easy for everyone.
    QFtroof

    Leave a comment:


  • Mossman
    replied
    In the past 3 years I've been 220 lbs, 185 lbs, prob back up to 210 or so now but I don't care so I don't hop on the scale. At 180 I had a lot more muscle too so I was probably down 40 lbs of fat which is pretty ridiculous. One thing to consider is that people who are busy or just used to their schedules/routines, it takes time and effort to eat healthy and exercise. Don't get me wrong, I'm pudgy at this very moment cuz I'm a lazy bastard, and I have plenty of hours in the day I waste that I could spend going the the gym. But when I was at my fittest I was unemployed, at the gym 4-5 times a week, playing hockey 3-4 times a week and playing basketball when the weather permitted. I could not maintain that schedule with a full time job and a life cuz working drains my soul and I need relaxation time.

    Not adding much, but basically although 99% of the population could be at a healthy weight if they truly worked at it, just because it's easy for you mentally and physically doesn't mean it's that easy for everyone.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by shiftbmw
    They always say the big strong tough guys are the most fun to choke...
    Who "always" says that? You're the first person to say it as far as I know. Plus it sounds gay.

    Matt

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    6'1" 235lbs now, hitting the gym once a week, being a lazy fuck, but work is draining me something serious right now.

    i just wanna get to like 220lbs at under 12% BF, so i can run around nekkid with no shame. lolololol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jalves619
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Press a control arm bushing on? No problem, I don't even need a press.
    I just spent way too long lying in gravel trying to do that and finally gave up and made a press. Usually being 6'1 180 I'm the one that gets to do the heavy lifting but +1 on not pissing off the big guys. A few years back I remember talking back to my dad and him throwing a couch at me. Yes throwing Needless to say I quieted down a little. He's about 6'4 260 Linebacker in college type

    Edit: Wow after reading some more of these responses it sounds like I need to hit the gym.

    Leave a comment:


  • reelop19
    replied
    I've owned several cars and been a member to several forums and E30 owners are by far in the worst shape. Anybody tell you guys its the new BMW's that get the chicks?

    Leave a comment:


  • emoshun
    replied
    Originally posted by der affe
    fun fact: at 6' 235lbs, i am concidered morbidly obese.
    the chart goes by weight VS height, not body fat, go figure
    I am obese as well! 6'4" and 245lbs!

    Leave a comment:


  • shiftbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    I been kicking those "lean guys" asses for longer than you been breathing, bucko.

    They always say the big strong tough guys are the most fun to choke...

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    fun fact: at 6' 235lbs, i am concidered morbidly obese.
    the chart goes by weight VS height, not body fat, go figure

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by joshh
    The issue I have is the amount of obese people we have here. Not fat people in general. It's obese that I have a problem with. If they want to be that way that's their issue. But I disagree to having laws protecting people from saying something. That just goes into nanny state BS.

    Although there are some people who truely have a problem medicaly.
    Absolutely true. I feel I am quite a bit overweight, more than 10% easily, but I am not "obese". My aunt Karen was well over 500 pounds when she broke a hip. 18 months later, she had not healed at all. her normal breakfast was a box of donuts and half a gallon of ice cream, while in bed.

    She had some kind of gastric surgery. Took 7 full grown men to get her into the ambulance.

    2 years later, she was down to a nice 160ish, fit her 5'7" frame very well.

    Oddly enough, uncle Stan dumped her. Said "I don't like skinny women"

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by rwh11385
    Holland, how tall are you? A lot of girls I know weigh more than that (especially the athletes). I put on about 30 lbs in HS pushing the envelope (sets of 10, 8, 6) but could have done a lot more if I took protein and especially if I had a little creatine (or even cytosport muscle milk / fast twitch / cytomax).

    I'm 6'1 and could not imagine being under 185 again ever. Never want to get below 200. I looked down right silly at 150.
    I am about 5'8''

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    around the summer after my JR year in HS, my GF convinced me to stop skateboarding, i used to (and still do) eat massive amounts of food, with out skateboarding and playing soccer i got to be a fatty. 240lbs and size 38 pants. i started trying to get on with the fire department and hit the gym hard! my goal was to get up to my "fat weight" but in muscle. i finally hit 240LBS about 4 years ago. with a shit tonne of hard work (and a little chemicla help).

    if you are fat and happy as long as you are not unhealthy who cares. i will never let myself ge that way again, but that is my deal.

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    The issue I have is the amount of obese people we have here. Not fat people in general. It's obese that I have a problem with. If they want to be that way that's their issue. But I disagree to having laws protecting people from saying something. That just goes into nanny state BS.

    Although there are some people who truely have a problem medicaly.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    I would like to remind all of you that all of this shit changes radically when you hit 40.

    All you kids who for the most part aren't even 30 yet have no room to talk shit about anyone.

    I was a kid once too, but I was smarter and stronger than you.

    I was 280 with a 48" waist when I was 19, while in the Navy. When I got out, I spent 9 months hitchhiking around America. When I finally got to San Diego, I was 158 with a 30" waist, at 20. Skinny as fuck, I looked sick.

    I gained back about 40 pounds, stayed right about 200 pounds at 6'1" for many many years. Gym time means bigger for me, no matter what the trainer says. Bigger for me is bad: 19" biceps don't do too well working in a dashboard. My size 15 fingers don't make it any easier.

    Most of my life, I have been easily the strongest guy around, including the gym fags who work out and are oh-so-ripped...when something needed to be done, I was the one who was strong enough to do it. Move that couch? No problem.

    Fat? Yeah, I am fat. I would love to lose 80 pounds or so from here...I gained 35 pounds after I quit smoking, but it is slowly gonna melt off. My neck is bigger than most of you guy's thighs and I have more muscle in my back than most of you have in your entire body...seriously.

    Need that crankshaft pulley off? No problem...find me a breaker bar that won't break, I will twist that bitch off, no worries. Press a control arm bushing on? No problem, I don't even need a press.

    So yeah, call me fat. When you need something moved, go fuck yourself. When you can't get that crankshaft pulley off, go fuck yourself again. When you hit 35 and wonder why all the 22 year old girls don't look at you anymore, when your old clothes don't fit right...well, you fucked yourself, didn't you?

    I guarantee not one of you skinny fuckers would have the nuts to call me on my shit to my face. If you did, I could always shove you through the wall, you wouldn't be the first.

    God dammit I hate this fucking topic.

    Luke
    Describes me to the fuckin letter. Used to be 250 in high school @ 5'6. Now I'm 236 but fatter since I stopped lifting weights. Yeah I got a beer belly, but like Luke, whenever anyone needs something moved/lifted/torqued I'm the one they call. Nickname at my old job was the Hulk.

    And someone else said it best, why do we have to justify our weight to you? Mind your own business, OP.

    Originally posted by E30_fiend
    I am a big dude for sure, 6'1 250lbs and honestly dont ever want to be under 210 or 215lbs.
    Yeah, I don't want to be under 200, regardless of how short I am. Just wouldn't seem "right".

    Matt
    Last edited by E30Nova; 04-16-2010, 04:26 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by Nic01101011
    i wish i could gain weight :P
    Thanks for being the other side of the coin, man.

    Leave a comment:

Working...