Toyota Yaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Yaris

MY aunt just bought a silver 2008 Toyota Yaris with 28k miles for $7800. It's well equipped I guess it's a good cheap car. Anything to know about these cars and are they any good. I mean it's obviously to late to ask this kind of question but just wanted to know what to expect and to help her out a little.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

i'd watch out for unintended acceleration.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      I have spoken to a family friend who works for toyota and said he never seen an actual case of it happening. I'm not saying it can't happen but after a while I think people are just lying to get insurance money.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Nice little cars, my ex gf had one it's a freaking gas miser with the 1.5 4cyl

Comment

lol.

way to take that seriously. :P
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            I thought they were just trying to make their cars more exciting.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

$7,800 is chump change for a late model econo-car. A helluva lot cheaper than buying a Prius. For basic A-to-B no-frills commuting, it should serve its purpose well for a while.

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I drove one from Texas to AZ over Christmas- i dont think they have enough engine to accelerate too fast.

also, definitely not good on gas on long highway trips. the engine's much too small.
                sigpic89 M3

Comment

wait

you made a thread to discuss the toyota yaris?

Comment

Originally posted by Ral View Post
                    I drove one from Texas to AZ over Christmas- i dont think they have enough engine to accelerate too fast.

also, definitely not good on gas on long highway trips. the engine's much too small.
                    Thats what I was thinking, not enough engine to work efficiently on long trips
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

I know of 3 Jews that have Yaris'

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Thats what I was thinking, not enough engine to work efficiently on long trips
                        I would think that if its a manual, she could just leave it in 5th, or 6th if it has one, and just cruise.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                        You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
                          I would think that if its a manual, she could just leave it in 5th, or 6th if it has one, and just cruise.
                          And go from 65mph to 7mph the moment a hill came into view.
                          Originally posted by Teaguer
                          Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

she never really drives on the highway, besides it is an improvement over a 98 eclipse rs with over 140k miles and burns 2 quarts of oil every week.

Comment

http://www.nbt-brunei.com/cars/vios/

Vios = 4 door sedan
                              Vitz = HatchBack
                              http://www.kingofeurope.net/2010/

Comment

Working...
                              X