Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flamesuit/ I was in a collision in a parking lot with no insurance, not my fault tho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flamesuit/ I was in a collision in a parking lot with no insurance, not my fault tho

So.....

What are my options here? I've never been in a collision before, with another car at least, lol.

Am i fucked? Considering she hit me, backed into my left rear taillight, and broke the cover, while suffering pretty good damage to her car.

This happened to me on Saturday, its Monday, i traded phone numbers with the woman. Anything i need to do to protect myself? Or ???

Thanks, lol.

and before the "no insurance comments come POURING in. (i'm sure they will) i'd like to state that i personally believe everyone should have insurance, my coverage hasn't been "active" for about 2-3 weeks now, and i'm not happy with it, but it already happened, so i'm looking for any pointers, anything. as i've never been in anything besides a speeding ticket, ever.
    Last edited by Atreus; 05-03-2010, 10:04 AM.
    1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
    1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
    1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
    1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

how do not have insurance?

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Not to state the obvious, buuuuut...driving without insurance? Scary man. If you have a police report that may help if she tries to claim against you. I'm guessing you don't have one though, or you would have been cited for no insurance. Right now it's your word against hers. Hopefully she's cool and will just take it up with her own insurance.
      You're entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts.

Comment

I will not state the obvious about the fact you didn't have insurance. All I'll say is that, I was also young and broke and did the same at one point. It seems like it's one of those lessons few can learn from listening and actually doing it... instead they need to experience what that is.

Now, coming from the same learned experience, the cops were my knight in shining armor in that case. I did get a ticket for no proof of insurance at the time of the accident. However, since the cop also gave the Eclipse that hit me the fault for the accident with a "failure to yield" ticket, the court dismissed my no proof of insurance as I was not at fault.

You should have capitalized on that moment and had a report filed stating that you were not at fault. Now the lady can choose to debate who was at fault to get away from higher premiums. And the fact that you don't have insurance will most definitely not help the situation when the judge is looking for the fault.

Did you take any cell phone pics or anything of the cars when they impacted?

- E
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I would get Insurance pronto, and hopefully get coverage before she tries to do anything, then you will at least be in a slightly better place as far as negotiating things goes.
          "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Frequently, you have 30 days after it lapses to renew. Get your ass on it and renew.
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

You're lucky it was in a parking lot. Her insurance will cover her care you you'll have to fix yours yourself.
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

i can't use any photohosting websites @ work, so i uploaded these...
                Attached Files
                1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Why is your car partially out of its parking place and her's isn't......I smell a cover up.

Comment

well, as you can see, my car is partially out, because i was backing out of my spot, to leave the place. the vantage point where the pic was taken, the entrance to the parking lot was there, i'm backing out, i see a car coming into the parking lot, so i stop, so they can go past (behind me) to their spot. at that point i notice that the guy from the street isn't coming in, so i look behind me, and big black jeep beast is coming straight at me, i honk my horn, sitting there, she keeps going and backs into me. i sat there and put on a stupid face and took it. the e30 in the pics has not moved more than like 3 feet from the initial collision...in the very last pic, you can see pieces of the rear tailight, on the ground...

fucked up my saturday.

blah.
                    Attached Files
                    1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

I was just playing, that sucks to the supreme broski, my car got hit like that inbetween me calling the dude telling him I was coming by to buy it, and me arriving lol. His roommate back into it after he moved it out of the garage. It wasn't that bad at first, but I am still reaping the aftermath of that shit. Yours looks a little bit better, just make sure to repaint any exposed metal and you may get some water into your trunk from the light not matching up perfectly from now on :(

Comment

Were you at the pawn shop selling some stuff so that you could reinstate your insurance? If so, that'd be ironic.

Sorry about your car, but it didn't exactly change the overall appearance that much.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

buy a taillight and be happy you wont get in trouble

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Just because you don't have insurance does not make it your fault. Get a police report. I don't know the law in your state, but just 10 years ago you did not have to have insurance to drive in Louisiana. Haha this new generation is so up gov't ass it's not even funny. Texas still does not require ins. Get a report and take her to court if she refuses to pay.
                            i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Actually vacman, i was driving home from the JY, figured i'd stop by a pawn shop to see if they had a tape measure for super cheap, so that i can dremel in the slots for my heated seat buttons, as they're hanging out of the console.

no fucking tape measure/ruler/measure anything, overpriced used everything, shit employees, and my car got nailed. I hate Aurora, Co. and in regards to the aesthetic physical appearance of the car, see sig. LOL.
                              1994 540i - Granitsilber

Comment

Working...
                              X