personal trainer, waste of time/money?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Be30mer
    replied
    Pull ups. Greatest way to put on upper body strength. I did 35 everyday for pole vault and it did wonders for my abs, back muscles, and triceps.
    and eat lots of what he ^^ said.
    You definitely DO NOT want a personal trainer, save money and motivate yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • drumad
    replied
    ^true about p90x.. however, p90x is designed more so to shred you up

    For growth as OP is describing, heavy weight lifting low reps are needed.

    Most protein shakes have sucralose = bad. Finding one without is nearly impossible. Egg whites, chicken breast, tuna, red meat, natural proteins are best.



    BTW OP. you sound like a hardgainer. google it and read and you'll probably think you're one of those guys.
    Last edited by drumad; 05-17-2010, 02:13 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 'e30love'
    replied
    u dont need a gym ive done the p90x workouts, they leave u ead trust me ive done benchpressing and upper body workouts at gym for 2 hours and didnt feel half as sore as this u will need some protein shake and recovery drink but do one day and ull realize first day is push ups and pull ups to the max

    Leave a comment:


  • drumad
    replied
    Not necessarily a waste. They can lead you in the right direction. I previously used to lift heavily and weighed up to 260 pounds on my 6'2" frame. Not exactly big by any means but much bigger than I am now (190 pounds). I went on a slimming diet and regime so I am what I am now.

    What it sounds like is that you need to EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT AND EAT some more. For me at that weight, I found the biggest growth stemmed from the typical heavy type lifts

    deadlifts - my favorite
    squats squats squats squats
    benching
    military presses
    cleans cleans cleans

    I'm not a trainer/professional by any means. You should go to a bodybuilding forum and just start reading.

    I do think you should go the trainer route however.
    Last edited by drumad; 05-17-2010, 02:02 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • CreamE30
    started a topic personal trainer, waste of time/money?

    personal trainer, waste of time/money?

    Heres the deal R3vians,

    I'm currently about 120 pounds and 5'4'' and fairly slim, mostly muscle on my body as in low body fat index (thats the term right?) I'd like to get bigger both in upper body and in my legs. My mom has a gym membership that she never uses so I figure I might as well.
    Right now I've started working out every day except on weekends because my 9-6 job leaves me too tired. All I have at my disposal is a bench press bar and no bench with 15 pound discs and 10 pound discs and those perfect push up things. They're good but I feel like there isn't enough I can do with them.

    Anyways, I don't feel like I'm doing enough of a work out for my upper body because I simply don't know how to with what I've got. I'm thinking if I work with a trainer for a month and learn all the different workouts and diets and then I can go on my own from there and go to gyms n such.

    What does R3v think? Should I check it out or are they mostly a waste of money and I should just keep lifting heavy stuff in my garage?
Working...